13|this family is broken

|Connor Evans|

Today is finally Saturday and I'm happy to have a break from Tori. After our little argument at the beach, things have just been weird. I'm just mad that I've already gotten stuck with tutoring her, and now I have no time for my friends, and then she wants to get all mad and stuff all the time, I just need a break from her.

"Connor come down for dinner!" My mom yelled from downstairs. I got up from my bed and went downstairs to the kitchen. I looked and saw that my mom made spaghetti. I grabbed a plate and turned around to go upstairs, but my mom grabbed me by the shirt, stopping me. "Stop right there. We are all eating at the dinner table today. As a family." My mom said.

Pft. This isn't a family. This is far from a family. My mom doesn't pay attention to me that much, my sister doesn't speak to me, my dad is who-knows-where, so we're nothing close to a family. "Now sit down. Both of you." My mom pointed to Leigh and I.

Leigh rolled her eyes and angrily sat in one of the chairs at the dining table. I feel the exact way she does. "So how was everyone's day?" My mom asked.

"Mom, it's Saturday, and I'm grounded. I didn't do anything today." I informed her.

"Oh yeah, that's right. Well what about you Leigh?" My mom turned towards Leigh.

Leigh sighed. "I went to the mall with Amber." She said with a blank voice.

"Oh that's nice. What did you b-"

Leigh cut mom off. "Mom can you just stop! Stop trying to create small talk and stop trying to bond with us and stop trying to rebuild this family because you and I both know that this family will never be the same after what he did." Leigh said, giving me a cold stare.

I took a deep breath of frustration. "It was not my fault." I said through gritted teeth.

"It was all your fault!" She yelled.

Now I'm pissed. I got up, my chair falling to the ground as I stood up. I was about to fly across the table and plant my fist in her face before mom quickly got up and grabbed me. "Stop it Leigh!" My mom yelled.

Leigh rolled her eyes, got up and left the kitchen, bumping shoulders with me as she walked out. I took deep breaths to try to calm myself down. "Connor you know it wasn't your fault-" my mom was cut of when I yanked myself out of her grip and left the kitchen. I went up the stairs and into my room. I slammed the door and slid my back again the door and sat on the floor. I put my forehead in my hands.

I turned my head and looked at my left arm. I pulled the sleeve up and looked at all the ever lasting scars, cuts, and bruises on my left arm. This is just an ever lasting memory. A horrible memory.

I can't believe Leigh. I can't believe what she said. But maybe she was right. Things will never be the same. We will never be a family. This family is broken.

_

I bet you people are wondering what happened two years ago...we'll keep reading to find out muahaha!

Anyways vote, comment, love you guys.