32|the coma

|Tori Anderson|

"Ha! I won!" Quinn yelled in victory.

Jacob furiously threw the game controller on the floor. "Whatever! This game is stupid anyway!"

This might sound unusual, but Quinn just beat all of us in a game of Call of Duty. The girl is six years old, SIX YEARS OLD! And she managed to kick all of our asses in a violent killing game.

I shook my head. "Gee, Quinn. Where ever do you get your skills?"

Quinn shrugged. "Let's play another game!"

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at the clock on the wall. "It's ten-thirty p.m. And we all have school tomorrow. Don't you think we need to go to bed?"

"No." X'avier said.

"Whatever," I said. "I'm going to bed." I got off the floor and walked up the stairs. I went into my room and closed the door. I changed into my pajamas and brushed my teeth. I then got into my bed and drifted to sleep.

::::::::::

|Connor Evans|

The final bell rung for school and everyone stormed out of class. I went outside and was about to get in my car before I saw Tori walking to the parking lot.

I ran over to her and grabbed her by the wrist. She faced me and sighed. I could tell she was getting annoyed, but I had to tell her what I was thinking. "Tori. Can you listen to me."

She raised her eyebrows and gave me her attention. "Okay. Yesterday, I was thinking, and I-I uh..." Wow this is harder than I thought.

"You realized that being with Sarah and those guys is nerve racking and you realized that you're better off being with me?"

I raised an eyebrow at her response. "Yeah?" I said, but it came out sounding like a question.

Tori pursed her lips and looked another direction. She sighed and looked back at me. "I'm kind of with Rigly now, Connor."

"I know...I just wanted to tell you...even though I didn't really tell you, you said it for me."

A weak smiled grew on Tori's face. "So I'm guessing you're no longer hanging out with them?"

"Nope." I said. I'm finally done with Sarah and the guys, but even if I tell her that, she's not gonna give in.

Tori nodded. "Well, we can just be friends?" Tori said with a small smile.

I shrugged. "I'm okay with that." Both of us then slowly opened our arms and hugged each other. I've been waiting so long to do that again.

Tori and I separated when her phone started to ring. She gave me an apologetic look and answered her phone. "Hello?... What?... Okay, I'm on my way."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Is there something wrong?" I asked curiously.

"My sisters in a coma." She said, opening the door to her car.

"What?" I said in shock. Tori didn't reply, she just got in her car. "Wait, let me go with you."

"Why?" She asked.

"Just let me go. I'll drive."

Tori sighed and got in the passenger side of her car. I got in the drivers side and started driving. Tori told me to go to the Children's Hospital downtown.

It took about fifteen minutes to get to the hospital. When we got there, we both got out and went inside.

We went to the front desk and Tori asked for her sisters room. We walked to her room and a bunch of people were already in the room, I'm guessing Tori's family.

"Okay, only two people can be in here at a time. All of these people can not be in here." The nurse told everyone.

Everyone left out of the room expected from Tori's mom and another little boy.

Everyone else went in the waiting room. I sat exit to Tori in the waiting room and watched her as she stared blankly at the floor. "Are you okay?" I asked her.

Tori nodded her head.

We had stayed in the hospital for hours, going back and forth between her sisters room, and the waiting room. Tori kept looking at me weirdly, probably wondering why I was staying at the hospital for hours. But I didn't just want to leave her.

But when we finally left, it was 11:32 pm. Tori and I walked outside in the parking lot. I was about to get in my car before I heard Tori's voice. "I'll just ride back home with my mom." She said quietly.

"Okay."

She stared at me for a few moments before sighing. "Thanks for staying."

I nodded my head. "No problem." Tori then ran over to her moms car and I got in my car.
_

Sorry this chapter is extremely short. But keep reading and I think this book is starting to come to an end. I think I'm gonna do like two or three more chapters. But thanks to all of you who voted, commented, and read. You are a huge part to us! We love you all! Keep reading and vote, comment, and have a wonderful life!