25|realization

|Connor Evans|

I turned my head slightly to the left to look at my digital clock and it was 3:35 in the morning. I had to wake up in four hours for school, and I haven't fallen asleep yet. I lied awake all night, staring up at my ceiling. I put both of my hands on my forehead and continued to stare up at my blank, white ceiling.

Hours earlier, I told Tori about my arm. I told her what I've been trying to hide from her this entire month that I've been tutoring her. After I told her, she stared at me blankly, with pain in her eyes as if she was involved in the accident. Afterwards, she attempted in telling me that she was sorry about what happened but I didn't really feel like hearing it all. So I dropped her off at home, and by the time I got home, it was eleven o'clock. I didn't even bother changing out of my clothes, I just got in my bed and I haven't went to sleep yet.

Right about now, I just don't know what to think. That's why I'm staring up at this blank, white ceiling, because it gives me no thought process...if that even makes since.

I mentally rolled my eyes and flipped over on my side, in hopes of finally falling asleep. But it was no use. And before I knew it, my alarm clock went off, telling me to wake up for school.

I lifted my head to look out the window and saw the sunlight creeping in. I sighed and got up from my bed. I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I didn't even feel like washing my face or taking a shower or any of that crap. So I lazily walked to my room and changed into some different clothes. I grabbed my leather jacket and was about to put it on before I paused and stared at it for a while. I smacked my teeth and flung the jacket on my bedroom floor.

I live in freaking California. I need to stop wearing that piece of shit...

I walked downstairs and turned to head to the kitchen and saw Leigh sitting at the dining table, drinking a glass of orange juice. Ignoring her like I always do, I exited the house, got in my car, and drove to school.

When I got there, I entered the building and went to my locker. I got out all of the textbooks I needed and walked to my first class. I was about to turn the corner of the hallway before someone called my name. "Connor." I heard Jake's voice and I turned around.

Sarah, Mark, Jake, Zach, and Ryan were all standing in the hallway. "What?" I asked.

"Can we talk?" Mark asked.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "What is it?" I asked. I didn't really care if I was late for class.

"Connor. We want to apologize, but we still think that you need to start hanging out with us again." Ryan said.

"Look guys if you're just trying to g-"

"Connor. Just listen." Sarah said. I gave them my full attention.

"Okay. First, we want to apologize for all the crap we've been doing lately," Jake explained. "We know it's been pissing you off. So we're sorry. But, we think that you need to start hanging out with us again. We were your best friends. And ever since you got stuck tutoring that girl, everything's changed. And it's not okay. Things haven't been the same without you, Connor. We need you to change back into that old Connor. That's how it's supposed to be."

Jake's words actually made me think a little bit. "What do you mean change back into the old Connor? I've never changed." I stated.

Zach gave me a stupid look. "Come on, man. Think before you started tutoring that girl. We used to break into houses together, party, drink, have fun, and live our lives to the fullest. But ever since you started tutoring her, you haven't been doing any of that stuff. You haven't even been sitting at our usual table."