23|the food fight

|Connor Evans|

"AH!" I yelled, shooting myself up out of my bed as I felt a rush of ice cold water flow down my body. I looked down at myself to see that my clothes were wet and my hair was wet. I snapped my head to the left of me and saw Leigh holding a bucket and giving me a cold stare. I gritted my teeth. "What the hell is wrong with you? Did you just pour a bucket of ice cold water on me?"

"You know moms out of town and she told me to wake you up for school." Leigh threw the the bucket on the floor and left the room.

"All you had to do was tap me! You didn't have to drench me in ice cold water!" I yelled.

Without an answer, Leigh went downstairs to do whatever she did this time in the morning. Something just occurred to me. Why the hell isn't she in college? It would be a whole lot better around this house if she weren't here and was far, far away.

I mumbled something incoherent before getting out of my bed and walking— well waddling due to the uncomfortable water in my shorts— to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, took a shower, and blow dried my hair because Leigh got it drenched in that stupid water.

Afterwards, I changed into a black shirt, blue jeans and the leather jacket. I walked downstairs, grabbed my book bag and my keys and walked out of the door, ignoring Leigh while I was at it.

I got in my car and began driving to school. When I got to school, I went to my locker, got my books, and looked to the left to see if I could see Tori at her locker, but surprisingly, she wasn't there. I shrugged my shoulders. Probably already in class.

I walked to my home room, sat in my desk and decided not to go to sleep today since I didn't come to school yesterday, and slept the last three times. We don't even do anything in this class anyway, so staying awake was basically pointless.

After the piercing sound of the bell rung through all out the school— it's literally ear piercing; they should get that fixed— I got up and went to my next class which was chemistry.

When I walked in the class, I instantly saw Tori sitting at her lab table with Hailey. They were talking about something so I just went straight to my lab table.

In chemistry today, we just did a simple experiment and by the time we were done, class was over.

When the bell rung, I got up and walked to Tori. "Hey," I said.

"Oh, hey Connor," she replied.

Tori and I walked to the cafeteria for lunch. Today we were having nachos. Our schools lunch was usually pretty good, but I personally thought the nachos tasted like shit...

I grabbed my lunch tray and sat at the table Tori usually sat at. I looked over to the corner of the cafeteria at the table I used to usually sit at. It felt kind of weird not sitting over there. I've been sitting at that table since freshman year with Sarah and the guys. But now their assholes...they've always been assholes...that means I used to be an asshole...what's happening to me?

I've realized that the past couple months I've been tutoring Tori, I haven't been doing the things I used to do, like keying cars, breaking into abandoned houses, smoking, drinking— well I do still drink, but not as much— but I don't do any of that stuff anymore. Is Tori changing me?

Pft. No, she's not changing me...and to prove it, I'll break into another abandoned house tonight. What? No, am I stupid? I can't do that. I would probably get arrested again and my mom would be up my ass about it. I can't deal with the—

My mental rambling was cut off when Tori mutters something in anger. "What the hell?" Her tone was angry and furious. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned towards her and my mouth gaped open when I saw nacho cheese, ground beef, and bits of tortilla chips in her hair.

"Did you dump the nachos on yourself?" I asked.

Tori rolled her eyes and I knew that what I had just said was stupid. I looked up and saw Sarah standing above us with a smirk on her face and an empty lunch try. Did she really dump nachos in Tori's hair?I gritted my teeth and before I could say anything, Sarah spoke. "Oops, food fight." Sarah didn't say food fight loud enough for everyone to hear, but I guess some people were eavesdropping because right then and there, food began flying all over the cafeteria.

"Damn it." I said before letting out an annoyed groan.

Tori just sat there, picking nacho out of her hair while I sat there looking at her with an annoyed face. Sarah has really been pissing me off lately, a lot. And I'm ten seconds from ripping her freaking hair out, girl or not.

I got up and faced Sarah who was laughing until she was out of breath. A growled as some mashed potatoes hit my leather jacket. Great, Now I have to wash it. I faced Sarah and she grinned at me. "Come on Connor. You used to love starting food fights. You can't think this isn't fun."

"It's not fun and it's not funny." I stated.

"Oh my gosh Connor. Can't you see the guys and I are trying to get you back to the old Connor, the Connor you used to be?"

"Well I'm not the same person so deal with it."

Sarah shook her head disapprovingly. "I get it... Little Miss Princess over there is changing you."

"Stop calling her that and no. She isn't changing me I just—"

Sarah cut me off. "You know what? Whatever, I don't even want to hear it anymore Connor. It's either Tori or it's us."

"You're fucking kidding me right? You're making me choose? Ha, okay well I choose Tori because you and the guys are nothing but some pieces of sh—"

"Connor, It's okay just stop fighting." Tori suddenly jumped in.

"Stay out of this!" Sarah yelled at Tori.

"Excuse me!" A woman's voice called out from behind us. Well this can't be good. We all turned around to see the principal standing with her arms crossed and giving is a stern face expression.

"You, you, and you. My office. Now!" She said, pointing to Tori, Sarah, and I.

I glared at Sarah before we all followed principal Richards to her office while the food fight still went on.

When we got to her office, we sat in the chairs across from her desk while she settled in her office chair. "Who started this food fight?!" She asked us, getting right to the point.

"Tori," Sarah instantly said.

"What?!" Tori and I yelled at the same time.

"Tori Anderson? I cannot believe you did this. You have detention for the rest of the week." Principal Richards finalized.

"But she didn't—"

Tori cut me off. "Okay, I'll be at the detentions." Tori said before getting up and leaving the office.

I put a confused look on my face which was quickly replaced by a glare when Sarah smirked at me and left the office. I got out of the chair and ran down the hallway to catch up with Tori. "Tori!" I called.

She turned towards me. "What?"

"You're just gonna take that? Why would you not tell her that you're not the one who started it?"

Tori shrugged. "It doesn't matter anymore." She said before walking away.

I let out a frustrated groan before walking off to my next class.

_

Vote, comment, vote, comment, vote, comment!! Love you guys!