31|ditching the friends

|Connor Evans|

"Ninety-nine bottles of milk on the wall, ninety-nine bottles of milk! Take one down, pass it around, ninety-eight bottles of milk on the wall." I was bored out of my mind. For some reason, I woke up at four o'clock in the morning and I couldn't go back to sleep. So now I'm lying in my bed, staring at the ceiling, and singing this stupid song that people sing when their bored.

I took a deep breath to sing the next part. "Ninety-eight bottles of milk on the wall, ninety-eight bottles of milk! Take one down, pass it around. Ninety-seven bottles of milk on the wall."

I started to sing the next part even louder. "Ninety-seven bottles of m-"

"Would you shut up!!" Leigh yelled from her room, cutting me off.

I smacked my teeth. Man I was about to kill that...

I sighed and my mind all of a sudden switched to Tori. I wonder what she's doing right now. Probably texting Rigly. I mean seriously, how did this happen?

My alarm clock suddenly rung, making me flinch in surprise. I looked out my window and noticed that the sun was out...when did that get there?

I lazily got out of my bed and walked to my bathroom and brushed my teeth. I didn't even feel like doing any of the other stuff, so I just walked back to my room and changed into a white shirt and black jeans.

I looked in my mirror and ran my fingers through my black hair. Lookin sexy, Connor.

I grabbed my bag and stormed out of my room. I went downstairs and went out of the front door. I got into my car and started driving to school.

When I got there, I got out and went inside the school. I walked to my locker, put in the combination and grabbed my books. I closed my locker and shifted my head to the left. I saw Tori at her locker, kicking it close again. She looked at her wrist and took of a rubber band that was wrapped around her wrist. She took her long, auburn-brown hair and put her hair into a ponytail. My heart started pounding out of my chest, but I quickly shook my head and looked back at my locker.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the locker. The paint is starting to chip. I rolled my eyes. Cheap ass lockers...

I looked back at Tori and I almost choked at the sight. Her and Rigly were standing there kissing. My jaw clenched and I just looked away and started walking to my class. But I had to do something first.

I hid behind a corner of the hallway and took a pencil out of my pocket. I threw it at Rigly's head and he pulled away from Tori. "What?" Tori asked.

"Something hit me in the head." I snickered in victory as I continued to walk to class.

::::::::::

I poked my fork in the disgusting looking meatloaf that sat in front of me. Usually the school lunch was pretty good, but now the lunch looks and tastes like shit...

I put my fork down and just sat with my arms crossed. I looked up and saw Sarah and the guys join me at the table. Sarah sat surprisingly close to me and kissed me. When she pulled away and looked at me, I smiled at her. But when she looked away, I wiped my lips with the back of my hand and put a look of disgust on my face.

"Hey Sarah and Connor. I see you two." A guy said as he walked past our table.

I gritted my teeth in frustration. Why does everyone think we're a fucking couple now?! Just because I won king for a stupid little dance doesn't mean I'm a couple with Sarah.

And most importantly, why does Sarah think we're a couple?! I never gave her permission to kiss me and sit all close to me. All we are is friends...I don't even think we're friends anymore actually.

And her hair is just getting on my nerves now. The bright green dye in her hair is actually burning my fucking eyes!

"Since when are you two a couple?" Zach asked.

"We aren't." I mumbled under my breath.

"Well we aren't really a couple. We're just taking things slow."

I put my head in my hands. Somebody kill me!

"Anyway, Connor are you coming with us to break into that house downtown tonight?" Mark asked.

"No." I mumbled.

"What?" Ryan said in disbelief. "Why not?"

"Because I don't want to. Don't you remember the last time we broke into a house? We got arrested." I reminded them.

"Well that's because there were neighbors nearby. This house is in the middle of nowhere. So we're safe from people calling the police."

"Oh, okay. No." I said.

Mark glared at me. "What is up with you?"

Okay. Now I'm pissed. Why is everyone asking me to do stuff?! If I don't want to break into the house, why can't they except it and leave me alone? This obviously isn't gonna work.

I stood up and grabbed my tray. I walked to the trash can and threw it in the trash. I was about to walk out of the cafeteria before Sarah said something. "Where are you going?"

"Away from you people!"

I went outside of the school and sat on the bench. I didn't care if I got caught. I just needed to go away, from everyone.

That's what's going on. I'm trapped. I'm trapped in a freaking hole where everyone wants me to be something I'm not. Sarah thinks I'm her freaking boyfriend, my so called friends keep asking me to do shit, and my sister is on my case. (Well she already apologized, but she's still freaking annoying!).

But when I was with Tori, I didn't feel like this. Why haven't I realized this? All my life I've just been trapped and never really realized it. But when I'm with Tori I don't have to be someone I'm not...

I need to be with her. But how when she won't even talk to me and her lips are always on Rigly's?! I made a stupid mistake. I wanted things to go back to the way they were before, but that was just stupid because now I regret every single bit of it!

"Connor Evans!" I heard a woman's voice.

I turned around to see the Principal standing with her arms crossed. "Detention! Now get back inside!"

Shit!!
_