18|invite

|Connor Evans|

"Leigh! Connor! Get down here!" My mom yelled from downstairs. I groaned and lazily got up from my bed. I walked downstairs to see that Leigh was already downstairs sitting on the couch. Wanting nothing to do with her, I sat on the farthest couch away from Leigh as mom looked at us with an excited smile. She held two envelopes in her hands.

"What is it mom?" Leigh asked, putting her phone in her back pocket.

"Okay. So my job is having a dinner party tomorrow at that fancy French restaurant, Exquise Fantstique." My mom stated.

"Isn't that the restaurant millionaires eat at?" I asked.

"Yup. And my job is paying for it all. Now there can be five people and since they're only three of us, you both can invite one person of you choice." My mom handed us both one of the envelopes she had. "Now this is a really upscale restaurant so whoever you invite, please make sure they look classy and exquisite." My mom said. "Leigh. Wear one of your nice, expensive dresses. Connor, wear one of your nice, expensive suites. Do you two understand."

"Yes." We both said. I went upstairs with the envelope in my hand, wondering who I should invite. Sarah, Mark, Zack, Jake, and Ryan are all eliminated sense I'm not speaking to them for a while, probably never again...that only leaves me one more choice.

::::::::::

I rung on Tori's doorbell and waited anxiously at her door. A couple seconds later, Tori opened the door and my eyes went wide when I saw her. Her eyes were closed and she was yawning with her mouth wide open. Her hair was messy and all over the place, she had dry spit on the side of her mouth, and the main thing that stood out was she was wearing her purple footie pajamas. "May I help- OH MY GOSH!" Tori slammed the door in my face when she opened her eyes and realized that it was me at the door.

I'm guess she just woke up. I checked my phone and realized that it was just 10:49 a.m. Why do I wake up so early? I stood there and waited to see if Tori was gonna come back, and about two minutes later, Tori came back with her hair brushed, the dry spit was gone, and she had changed into a yellow tanks top and blue shorts. "Uh, hi Connor."

"I see you had on the footie pajamas again...and that you drool when you sleep." I smirked.

Tori rolled her eyes. "That was embarrassing and it's not funny." She said. "Anyways, it's Saturday. Why are you here?" I handed the envelope out and she slowly took it. "What's this?" She lifted one eyebrow.

"Uh my moms job is having this dinner party at this fancy restaurant and i could invite one person." I explained.

She opened the envelope and her eyes went wide. "The dinner is at Equise Fantastique?!" She explained in shock. "Millionaires eat there!"

"I know. That's why you have to dress fancy." I said. I really hate wearing suites. They're hot and uncomfortable. And the ties are so tight I just hate it.

Tori nodded. "Alright."

"Okay. I guess I'll pick you up then?" I asked.

"Yeah sure. What time?"

"Seven-thirty I guess. The dinner starts at eight o'clock."

"Okay. We'll see you then." I nodded and then smirked at the memory of Tori when she first answered the door. "It's not funny." Tori called out before closing the door. I stated at the door for a while before going back to my car and driving home.

_

Next chapter will be shocking ;-)