9|Harper has to be alright

|Tori Anderson|

I woke up this Monday morning feeling the same way as always: I hate Monday's. I felt groggy and tired when I woke up, but I have no choice but to get up and go to school.

I got out of my bed and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and hopped in the shower. I took a hot shower and washed my hair while I was at it. When I got out the shower, I wrapped a towel around me and blow dried my hair. After my hair was dry, I brushed it and decided to wear it down today.

I walked back to my room and changed into a Nirvana shirt, blue jeans, and white converse. I then ran downstairs and grabbed at chocolate chip granola bar and that will be my breakfast. "Bye mom!" I yelled.

"Bye have a good day honey!" With that, I walked out of the door and got in my car. I backed out of the driveway and began driving to school.

A couple minutes in driving, my car started to slow down. I looked at the gas thingie and my gas was really low. "Oh no, no, no." I pulled over to the side of the road and my car then shut down. "No!" I groaned.

I got out of my car and stood there, staring at my car like an idiot. I am really out of gas. I am definitely going to be late to school. I let out a huge sigh of frustration and pulled out my phone. I called a tow company and about ten minutes later, they showed up and towed my car to the nearest gas station. I got my car gases up, payed the tow truck man, and drove the rest of the way to school.

I quickly ran into the school and got all my books that I needed out of locker. I then ran to Mr. walkers math class and burst in. "Anderson. You're late." Mr. Walkers said as I entered the room.

"I know. Sorry. I had an empty glass t-" my sentence got cut off when I tripped on my own foot and fell on the floor. This is so embarrassing. Everybody started to laugh as I landed on the floor and I rolled my eyes. I looked at Connor who even laughed a little bit too. I sat down in my assigned seat and listened as Mr. Walkers continued with class.

when class was over, I met Hailey in the hallway and we walked to lunch. The whole lunch period, Hailey and I talked about random stuff like clothes, shoes, food, and occasionally, she'd complain about Josh. When lunch was over, I went to my next class.

::::::::::

The rest of school sped by pretty quickly. Now I have to go home and have another afternoon with Connor. Great.

I got in my car and drove home. When I got home, I noticed that my moms car wasn't in the driveway. I unlocked the front door and went inside the house. "Mom!" I called out.

"She's not here." Jacob said as he, Christy, Quinn, X'avier, and Gabriel came downstairs.

"Where's Harper?" I asked.

"Her and mom went to the doctor." Gabriel said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know." Quinn said while everyone else shrugged their shoulders. I shrugged my shoulders also. Probably got a flu or a cold. All my siblings stormed upstairs while I went in the kitchen and poured myself some fruit punch. I took sips of the fruit punch while I walked around the kitchen, waiting for Connor to arrive.

A couple minutes later, the house phone rang. I went over and picked it up. "Hello." I answered.

"Tori." My moms voice sounded through the phone.

"Hey mom."

"Tori." She said my name again.

I frowned. "What mom?" I said. "Is there something wrong?"

"Tori. Harpers sick." She said.

"...okay. Bring her home, fix her some chicken noodle soup, get her some rest and she'll feel better tomorrow." I said.

"No, Tori." She said.

My stomach started to churn in a nervous matter. "Then what's going on?" My mom paused. "Mom? What's going on?" I repeated, my voice having more worry in it.

"Tori...Harper has been diagnosed with leukemia." She said, her voice cracking in between words.

I instantly froze. "What!? No! No mom! She's ten years old. She can't!" I yelled, getting worried by the second.

"I know Tori. The doctors, they know what they're doing. Tori, she's sick." She said. Tears began to flow down my face. This cannot be happening. What if she's not okay. What if she doesn't make it. Harper is my little sister. I love her I can't lose her. I held my head and paced back and forth. "Tori. Harper is gonna be at the Children's Hospital for a while. They are taking care of her."

"That's not good enough mom!" I yelled.

"Tori they're doing everything they can. I'm as heartbroken as you are." I sighed and took deep breathes. I can't believe this. "Tori...I'm gonna stay here over night with Harper. Take care of the rest of the kids. Love you." She explained.

"Love you too." I hung up and put the phone on the table. Tears continued to fall from my eyes as I walked to the living room. I sat on the couch and buried my face in my hands. Harper has to be alright. She has t-

My train of thoughts were cut off when the doorbell rang. Oh no. Connor can't see me like this. "Come in." I yelled as I wiped my tears. Connor came through the door and instantly began talking.

"Okay so, I can't tutor you today because I'm going to a frat party so-" he paused when he looked at me. "Are you crying?" He asked.

I no longer cared if Connor saw me crying. I let the tears come down. "What's wrong?" He asked me, sitting on the couch next to me.

I took a deep breath and wiped my face. "It's nothing." I said.

"What is it?" He asked me.

"Why do you care?" I asked him. He's never really seemed to care about anything ever since I met him. Why does he all of a sudden care?

Connor sighed. "Tori," Connor called my name softly. That's the first time I've ever heard him say my name, well except the time he asked if I were Tori. But this was different.

I slowly looked at Connor and sighed. "My sister...she's got cancer."

_

Sad :-(
keep reading and vote and comment and all that good stuff! Love us!