12|beach blues

|Tori Anderson|

"Wanna go to the beach?" Connor asked with a smirk on his face.

I scowled at him. "No. I don't want to go the beach." I said, putting Harpers stuffed bear down on my bed.

"Why not? You need to get out more. And tan up that pale skin." He said, pointing to my arm.

I slapped my hands over my arms. "No, I don't like beaches. And I'm perfectly fine in this room." I said.

"How can you live in California and not like beaches?" He asked.

"Itchy sand, annoying seagulls, hot sun beaming down on me. And I don't wanna watch everybody in their bathing suites." I complained.

Connor stood there, starting at me before he suddenly grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me off my bed. "Let me go!" I yelled.

Ignoring me, Connor pulled me with him down the stairs. When we were downstairs he spoke. "Tell your mom we're going to the beach." He demanded.

"But I don't want to go. Let go of my wrist." I said, trying to pull out of his grip, but he was obviously too strong.

"Tell her!" He demanded impatiently.

I rolled my eyes. "Mom! We're going to the beach!" I called out.

"Alright be careful and be home by nine o'clock." She said.

Connor pulled me outside. "I cannot believe you." I grumbled.

"Yeah, yeah. Just get in my car." He said.

"Are you planning to take me somewhere so you can kill me?" I asked.

Connor stared blankly at me. "Very funny," He said sarcastically. "But no we're going to Sarah's beach birthday party." He said.

My eyes went wide. "Sarah Kingford?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" He asked like there was no problem.

"She hacked into the school computer systems last year and was suspended for a month. She makes O's out of cigarette smoke." I mentioned.

"Yeah... What's the problem?" He said. I frowned and just got in the passenger seat of Connors black mustang.

It was about a seven minute drive from my house to Venice Beach and the entire ride was awkwardly silent. I already didn't want to go the beach, but I now learn I have to go to a party of the most troubled girl I've ever laid eyes on. I'm not so excited.

"We're here, get out." Connor said.

I scowled at him. "I know what to do."

"Well do it." I took a deep breath and mentally counted in my head to calm me down from snapping this boys neck.

When I stepped out of Connors car, I already regretted coming as the ridiculously hot sun beamed on me. Connor and I walked on the sand and over to Sarah who was with four other boys. "Connor! You came!" Sarah hugged Connor. I noted that Sarah's hair is pink today. She has a new hair color every week, which seems kind of crazy to me, but it's her hair.

"It's about time you showed up on us." One of boys said. Then everybody's  heads turned towards me and I instantly started to feel nervous. I am not a people person.

"Who's she?" Sarah asked, pointing at me, which made me feel uncomfortable.

"Oh that's Tori. She goes to our school." Connor said.

One of the boys gave Connor a weird look. "She does?" Well that hurt. What am I? Invisible?

"Why'd you bring her?" Sarah asked. That's what I'm trying to figure out myself.