11|I care...a little bit

|Tori Anderson| 

I grabbed my book bag and went out the front door. I got into my car and drove to school, first making sure the gas was full. Don't want a repeat of the other day.

But it's finally Friday. The last day of tutoring before the weekend. I am so happy. But then on Monday, we've got to go back to the same old thing. After Connor saw me as a crying wreck the other day, things have been awkward. Well now that I think about it, when have time not been awkward with Connor?

I pulled my car in the school parking lot and get out. I went through the double doors and was greeted with a hallway of a bunch of high school students like everyday. I pushed my way through the students and went to my locker. Today I have math and I'm petty excited because I feel like I'm doing much better in math. And I actually feel like I'm doing better at reading too. I can't believe I'm saying this but, Connor has actually been helping me. But that still doesn't change the way I think about him. I still think he's a conceited jerk.

He might have been bugging me and pretending that he cared on that day I was crying, but that was all out of pity. So Connor's just a bad boy who smokes, drinks, parties, breaks into houses, and...roller skates in grocery stores. I'm still stuck on that.

I entered my home room class, which went by pretty quickly, then I went to Mr. Walkers math class. I mentally cursed myself for being so clumsy that day I tripped and feel in front of everyone. That was so embarrassing. To my surprise, Connor wasn't in the room. Oh well.

I sat in my assigned seat and listened as Mr. Walkers began class. "My I have everyone's homework." He announced. I took my homework out of my bag and handed it to Mr. Walkers. He smiled at me, obviously impressed that I attempted to do my homework, and went around to collect everyone else's homework. "Alright. I'll have these graded by the end of class." Mr. Parker said as he sat in his desk chair.

When the bell rung, everyone lined up at Mr. Walkers desk and he gave everyone there papers. My heart pounded with excitement as I thought about getting that homework assignment with an A+ on it. When I was at Mr. Walkers desk, he handed me my assignment. When I looked at the paper, I felt as if I was stabbed in the stomach.

"What the hell? I got a D minus?!" I yelled. Everyone was already out of the room, but I didn't care who was in the room. Connor specificity told me that I got all the answers right yesterday.

"Tori," Mr. Walkers said calmly. "I know you're frustrated and I understand, but it can take a while for your math skills to elevate. Just be patient."

"No! I thought I got all of them right! I tried hard on this assignment!" I yelled.

"I know, Tori. Just give Connor a little time to tutor you properly and you will have your math skills and you will be able to handle your dyslexia better soon." He said.

Without another word, I shook my head and left the classroom. I feel like a complete idiot. Connor lied to me. If he'd told me the truth, I could've went over the questions and gotten a better grade, but I thought I had it this time. I was about to exit the school, until I saw Connor walking down the hallway. I gritted my teeth and walked toward him. "You think this whole tutoring thing is a game don't you?" I said to him while throwing the paper on the floor.

"Could you back up a little," he said, putting his hands up. I gritted my teeth in frustration. "And what are you talking about?"

"I got a D minus on my homework assignment. The assignment that you looked at and said I got all the questions right. You lied to me. Do you know how dumb I feel?"

Connor sighed. "We both know I never really cared about this tutoring thing. Did you really think I was gonna actually help you? And I had a lot on my mind that day so I didn't have time to look over your answers. Just calm down," When he said that, I just got even more furious. A tear drop fell from my eye.

"Do you know how important this is to me? I need to graduate, Connor. You think I asked for dyslexia? Well I didn't so I need someone to help me wether you like it or not and Mr. Walkers chose you so you have to help me." I said.

"I don't have to do anything." He said, walking away, bumping shoulders with me while he was at it. I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Scumbag." I muttered under my breath. "Fuckface." I quietly muttered another choice word. "Ass wipe." After my choice words, I left the building, got in my car, and drove home.

::::::::::

|Connor Evans|

I rung on Tori's doorbell and waited for her to answer. What I said to Tori earlier was...not the best thing. But I feel like I need to at least say sorry. I know that I was wrong for lying to her, but I never actually cared about this in the start. I don't know. I just feel like I need to fix things. A couple of seconds later, a lady answered the door. I frowned. "I'm here for Tori." I said.

"Oh you must be Connor, Tori's tutor?" She said.

"Yeah," I replied.

"She's up in her room." She said.

"Okay," The lady who I'm guessing is Tori's mom stepped to the side so I could come in.

"Her room is up the stairs and the second room on the right." She said.

Without another word, I went up the stairs and opened the door to Tori's room. Tori jumped at snapped her head towards me. "What the hell! Do you know how to knock?" She said, her voice full of annoyance and irritation.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry." I said, ignoring what she said about knocking. I looked around Tori's room. The walls were painted dark red and she had lights hug above her bed. Her walls were mostly covered in posters. "You know, about what I said earlier." I said.

"Okay. Get out of my room now." She said. I looked and noticed that Tori was holding a stuffed bear.

"You're eighteen and you still have a stuffed bear?" I asked.

"It's not mine, it's my sisters." She said. "Just get out of my room."

"You know when I said I didn't care, it wasn't true. Well, I didn't care when I first started tutoring you, but I care now...a little bit." I stated.

"Wow that makes me feel a lot better." She said sarcastically.

I sighed. "Listen, I'm trying to apologize but if you're gonna—"

"It doesn't matter how many times you apologize. It's not gonna change my grade." She said.

"School started three weeks ago. You have an entire year to get good grades. Would you just forgive me so I can get out of your room like you want me to."

Tori looked at me. "Fine, I forgive you." It's about time, geez.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and took it out. It was a message from Ryan.

Ryan: Sarah's birthday is today and she's having a beach party. Come on its about to start p.s. if you don't show up, I'm beating your ass.

I sighed, looked up at Tori and smirked. "You wanna go to the beach?"

_