19|dinner party disaster

|Connor Evans|

I looked at myself in the mirror and grimaced at my suite. It sure did look nice, but it was hot and uncomfortable just like I imagined it to be. I grabbed my phone from my bed side table and saw that it was 7:20, so I needed to be heading to Tori's to pick her up.

I went downstairs and saw my mom straightening up the kitchen. She was wearing a dark blue dress and her hair was in a bun. She turned towards me and smiled. She put her hand on her chest and gave me a heart warming smile. "Connor you look so nice. I'm so proud of you." She said.

"Mom, you're acting like this is prom. It's just a dinner for your job." I mentioned.

"Yeah but you look so nice and clean. Oh but your tie needs to be tighter."

She reached her had up to tighten my tie, but I backed away before she could get it. "Mom it's fine." I said. "I'm about to pick up Tori." I said.

"Tori? The girl you've been tutoring?" She asked me.

"Yeah."

"Oh I didn't know you two have gotten close." She said.

"Yeah but we're just friends." I stated.

"Alright now go before we're late." I smiled and exited the house and got in my black mustang.

I drove to Tori's house. When I got there, I got out and rung the doorbell. A couple seconds later, Tori came out and I all of a sudden couldn't breath. Tori was wearing a red dress that stopped a little above her knees that looked amazing with her skin and her eyes. She wore long black high heels and her auburn-brown hair was half up, half down. She wore a bright red shade of red lipstick. She looked amazing. "Are you ready to go?"

Her voice broke me out of my trance and I smiled. "Yeah." Tori closed her front door and ergot inside my car. I twisted the key in the ignition and started the car. I backed out of Tori's driveway and started driving to the restaurant.

"Connor," Tori called my name.

"Hum?"

"Why'd you invite me?" She asked her face expression full of curiosity.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Uh...I had no one else to invite." I simply stated.

"That's it?" She asked.

"Yeah that's it." I said.

Tori turned towards the window. "Oh,"

I looked at Tori, then back at the road. It was about a twenty minute drive from Tori's house to the restaurant. When we got there, my mom, sister, and her guest were already there. Leigh invited her boyfriend Danny. He's some find of varsity football player or something. "Oh you two finally made it." My mom said. She smiled at Tori. "And you must be Tori." My mom said.

"Yes ma'am." Tori smiled back.

"Well it's nice to meet you and you look beautiful, sweetheart." My mom complimented.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Evans." Tori said.

My mom shook her head. "Just call me Marisa. I'm not Evans anymore." She said.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't-"

"Connor, your guest is already causing problems." Leigh said as she cut Tori off.

I scowled at Leigh. "Leigh that is not nice." My mom told Leigh through gritted teeth.

"Whatever." Leigh said. I rolled my eyes at how she's already acting.

"Okay. It's time for us to get seated guys. Follow me." My mom said.

I walked beside Tori. "Don't worry about my sister. She's a bitch." I grumbled.