Prolouge

"I home."

A ray of sunlight made it's way into the dark house as she opened the door, lighting up the old and shabby house. Despite her living in a modern world, her house wasn't stylish at all compared to other houses, and she even greets the empty house as if she was living in her own world.

It was a house full of memories and tragedies. Even if she had the money, she wouldn't leave here.

She walked into the house and passed by shelves of trophies and walls of certificates. It's a shabby house left by her grandmother who took care of her after her mother abandoned her.

Something happened to her mother, that somehow had her when her mother was a teen. Her mother gave her to her grandmother while her mother ran away, to somewhere she doesn't know.

She grew up without parents, all she has was her grandmother. Time flies and she grew up, by the say she turned 14, her grandmother left her all alone.

She started on making street performances, dancing with a hoop she made herself. She did manage to earn some money with all the difficult and impressive stunts.

Eventually she caught a lady's attention. She was a professional gymnast who retired after a serious injury, her shining era is now over, roaming on the streets to find a new gymnast to inherit her glow.

She found and took the girl under her wing and trained her to learn both Rythmic and artistic gymnastic to be a impressive gymnast like herself in the mere future. She didn't mind even if she has no money, she wanted to train a talented girl like her.

Eventually, the girl was brought her to the first competition.

She nailed the competition as the highest scorer and now more and more competition organisers were roaring to invite her. Consider her as a popular one, with people sponsoring her.

She placed down her things and went to get food. She accidentally kicked over a loose plank and she yelped in pain.

She couldn't find her torchlight, so she used a candle instead. She brought the candle close and lifted the plank up. She saw a secret compartment with stairs leading down.

She took a crowbar and took out the wooden planks around the compartment. Indeed, there is a stairs that leads to somewhere she doesn't know.

She took the candle and went down to the stairs. She came before a door. When she was about to open it up, but suddenly, the flame went out.

She panicked and searched for fire source. She stumbled over boxes and barrels until she found a lonely white phosphorus lucifer with her touch.

Ps. If you didn't know, white phosphorus lucifer is the white headed match. Also known as the old Fashioned matches and those matches you see in cartoons.

It is too easy to catch flame until it doesn't need the match box to light the fire, all it needs is just some friction and is enought to light it up.

But the gas it emits when it is burning is very poisonous, that's why it stopped producing during year 1830 and was replaced by matches we see now.

She lit up the candle once again, putting out the fire and decided to go to the door. When she opened it she was more barrels inside, and it seems to be wine barrels.

"Huh..." she murmured.

Grandmother doesn't drink, and she doesn't produce wine at all. Why would we have wine barrels filled with red wine here?

Lumime thought in her mind, trying to figure out the wine barrels. Suddenly, she heard footsteps reverberating through the void, walking towards her position.

She took a step back and the door opened. A masked man looked at her in confusion.

"What are you doing here?"

Their voices rang together in the confined room.

"H-hey! Where are you taking me?!"

She asked as she was seized and the person pushed her to move. He pushed her hard and she fell infront a person who was sitting on a chair calmly.

She raised her head in confusion and saw a person sitting infront of her.

He was wearing a kitsune face mask with a white suit as if he is the groom of a marriage.

She was petrified, she stood up and was about to run away, but the people at the door blocked her and she was forcefully brought infront of him.

"Boss, I found this girl into the wine cell, what do we do with her?" A masked person asked.

Your wine cell? I was just going down to my house basement!

She wanted wanted to object, but her mouth was frozen, she was too scared.

The person gesture to turn her around, and they did so. He placed his leg down and looked at her carefully. She was trembling in fear, while he thought for a while.

"Do you have any special talents?" He asked. She was shaking and her mouth is quivering, she couldn't give him a response until the person beside her pushed her shoulder.

"I-I can show you something!" The girl said. "Oh? Impress me then." The person said and leaned back. He gestured the people to give her some space and the girl took a deep breath.

She turned away and started running towards the door. But no avail, she was caught and was pinned to the floor defeated.

"Hmm, I was impressed by your boldness, but I think that's not what you really want to show me." The person said and walked to her while they supressed her on the floor.

"I'll give you one last chance, show me your performance before I change my mind." The person said and crouched down infront of her.

He ordered people to pick her up and she was given another chance. She was placed in the middle of the room with alot of masked people standing at all corners.

She took a deep breath and showed a few combinations with a few stunts. She successfully stunned the person who was sitting comfortably in his chair. Eventually, he stood up in awe while the girl continued to do other complicated movements.

She finished and bowed to the impressed person. He clapped and went to her. "I love your flexibility. You could be useful to us." He said and stopped infront of the girl.

"Huh?" The girl asked and backed away a bit. "What's your name?" He asked. "Uhm... Lumine." She said after a moment of hesitation.

"With your beauty and skills...." He said. "You can be an outstanding assasin." He continued. "Huh?" Lumine responded.

"But I am just a rhythmic gymnast!" Lumine shook her head. "And what can that be?" He asked and made Lumine froze. "What?" Lumine asked.

Lumime looked around the old Fashioned surrounding.

Did I time travel?!

Lumine gasped. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Oh... uh... nothing." Lumine said. "So what do you think of that?" He asked. And a few masked people placed the dagger on her neck. Lumine had no choice and nodded.

"Great, you will start.... Tomorrow."

Lesson learnt, don't go down a random compartment you found. Not even in your house. Anyways, I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 1223.