Little Confession

"Prince Kamisato....." Lumine's voice was barely a whisper.

How is this possible?!

Lumine thought in her mind. "I'm not going to hide it from you anymore Lumine." He said. The truths that came pouring in like tsunami made her brain stop functioning.

A cloaked person was running away from the war fare that bursted out within a night. He ran down to a basement and bumped his waist onto a crate.

Matches scattered out from the box as he gritted his teeth in pain. He lit up a match and ran further.

He reached the wine cell like Lumine and ran to the surface. "Your highness!" He screamed out, bursting into the palace halls.

Instead of chaos and messy, it was quiet and peaceful. "Halt." The guards held him back.

"Please let me talk with him!" He said. "Release him." Ayato commanded. "Huh? Y-yes your highness." The guards lowered their weapons.

"Your highness, I am Albedo. I am an Alchemist who came from the future through Alchemy technologies." He said. "Is there anything wrong?" Ayato asked.

"Your highness' and my region is in chaos of my time, your highness' fiancée planned to assasinate your highness. And when she did, it sparked a war between the 2 regions." Albedo said.

"How dare-" Ayato stopped his mouth.

Wait, no wonder why she was acting strangely....

Ayato thought. "Do continue." Ayato said. "I predict it's going to happen after your coronation. If it doesn't get resolved, your highness' region would be in danger." Albedo said.

"You surely had a plan with you right?" Ayato asked. Albedo looked into his blue eyes and went into a loop of thinking.

"Your highness can hire an assasin to assasinate her, or alternatively fake your highness' own death and let your highness' sister take the throne." Albedo said.

"Please elaborate the alternative way." Ayato said. "Your highness will flee from your region and-" "Wait, if I ran away, who's going to take my place?" Ayato asked.

"I can make a fake one and let him replace your highness." Albedo said. "Are you sure?" Ayato asked and Albedo nodded.

"By the time your highness should hire an assasin to assasinate the replacement, and your highness had successfully faked your highness' death." Albedo said.

"I'm putting my region's future into you, do not disappoint." Ayato said.

When is he from to have such a impressive technology?

Lumine asked in her mind. "But then why don't I just go assassinate the fiancée instead of faking your death?" Lumine asked.

"My region gets saved, and I get to escape from my duties. Isn't that a win win situation?" He asked. "So you threw all your duties to your sister, perfect." Lumine said with a touch of sarcasm.

"Even I need a break sometimes." He reminded Lumine. "I had something to confess too." Lumine said.

"What is it?" Ayato asked. "I'm a descendant of that blonde maiden you knew. And her name is the same as mine." Lumine paused. "No, infact I had 4 ancestors that had the same name as me." Lumine said.

"That old friend of yours is the 4th Lumine in my family tree." Lumine said. "No wonder you look identical to her, she's your ancestor...." Ayato chuckled, but then his smile quickly faded.

She's married.

He thought in his mind.

Lumine the fourth already had her own family. I'm still too late afterall.

"Is there anything wrong?" Lumine asked and snapped off his mind. "Oh, nothing." He lets out a smile.

"I'll be leaving then." Lumine said and went to the door. "One more thing." Ayato added and froze Lumine's paces. "I know it's too late to ask this question, but it's better if I say it out." Ayato said.

"Why?" Lumine asked. "I'm already 23, this question is too late to be asked." He replied. "What is it?" Lumine asked.

"Will you marry me?" He asked.

Sorry what? 23? Marriage? Are you kidding me? 23 years old I hadn't even finish university and just only start dating.

Wait, what am I even talking about? People in this time zone gets married at the age of 16 or earlier, and I don'teven think dating is a thing here.

Lumine thought in her mind.

But now that I think it's the ancient times...

Lumine slowly opened her mouth. "I'm sorry...." Lumine muttered,  she doesn't dare to face him. "I can't ruin the timeline anymore." Lumine added.

"I'm not even supposed to appear in this timeline, I'm really sorry your highness." Lumine said.

"Please pretend I never existed."

Let me just walk away after throwing this bombshell here. Please don't be angry at me. Anyway I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 789.