Trial of death

Lumine took off Aoki's mask. The examinors let out a sigh of relief and melted into their chair.

As promised, she was brought to the dojo again. But when she opened the door, she was shocked. It was visible that there is only 5 people in the dojo.

"Oh, Lumine right? Welcome to the dojo. I am Kama." An orange mask said and Lumine nodded. "I know you are still confused by why it is just 5 people.... but let's just say that not much people passed the trial." Kama added.

"They are mostly dead by getting defeated by upcoming juniors or the other way around." He added. "But why?" Lumine asked. "In this level, you will actually go on missions. So the trial is basically mission simulated." Kama replied

"Which means that those that didn't pass..." Lumine murmured. "Are eliminated because they are useless to the organisation." Kama said.

Lumine slightly trembled. "But do not worry, after you passed the trial, you will not witness it ever again." Kama added. Lumine looked at Kama nervously.

"Now let me brief through how the sparring works in here." Kama cleared his throat and looked at the scroll.

"All yellow masked members will fight against the candidate armed. The candidate is only allowed to use defensive gadgets for this trial.

The candidate only registered as succession if they unmask all the yellow masked members.

However, failure would be registered if the candidate is killed or deadly injured." Kama said and closed the scroll.

"Have I made myself clear?" Kama asked. Lumine nodded and took out all the hair pins she used during the previous trial. The bundle of hair pins were laid infront, on the table. What was left for her was the hand fan.

They stood at position, 5 facing 1. When the bell rang, they flung hair pins at Lumine and she swiftly deflected all of them with her hand fan.

With just a jump with power, she swiftly pinned a person down and snatched it's mask. She slid underneath the rest and ran off while they chased behind.

She dodged a few incoming attacks. And some stopped her at the front. They threw hair pins to Lumine together while she crouched down in time. The tip of the hair pins hit eachother and deflected.

With her smooth acrobatic movements, she unmasked another person. And only 3 was left. They ran to Lumine while she narrowly dodged them. However, a flying hairpin from behind hooked her clothes and a thread poked out.

The hair pin continued foward and stabbed into the wall. Lumine looked at her oponent behind and deflected another hairpin. Another one flew from the side and Lumine caught it before it touches Lumine's skin.

She threw it at her oponent and the hairpin stabbed into the right ear of the kitsune mask, away from the person's face.

3rd person unmasked.

Lumime thought in her mind and looked at the remaining two. The unmasked members looked at the trial at the spectating zone along with Aoki and Kama.

Lumine unmasked another one. But she was unaware that a pin is flying to her. At the last moment she realised the pin and opened the fan.

But the hair pin fell to the ground, followed by a few drops of blood behind the fam. Kama widened his eyes and some of the members gasped.

Lumine lowered her fan and a mask with a cracked corner. Revealing her right corner of her mouth and her cheek. There is a small scrape beside her lips. But when she pulled the string of her clothes and her opponent's mask fell down.

She had figured out how Aoki's string method work, by distracting her oponent and secretly attaching the string to the mask. She passed the deadly trial and became a yellow mask.

Eventually, she trianed as a yellow mask and is going to level up soon. Kama had faith in Lumine and chose her for the trial.

"Lumine, you are the best one here. I am looking forward on sparring with you." Kama said and shook Lumine's hand. "Thanks." Lumine smiled.

While Aoki at the corner is jealous, very jealous.

I was the one who is the best in the class! I deserved to be in the trial! Not her! She is just an inexperienced assasin who came here with luck!

She gritted her teeth and clenched fists. Her classmates saw her temper rising continuously and backed off a bit.

"I'll help you train for the next couple of days. I want my student to be the best." Kama said. "Thank you." Lumine said and bowed deeply.

So the upcoming days, Lumine had been training with Kama. Until she reached the trial. But then she realised, her mask is gone. "What the? Where is my mask?" Lumine asked and ran around the place to search for it.

"Oh hey Lum- augh." Lumine bumped into one of her classmates. "Have you seen my mask?" Lumine asked. "No, is it missing?" He asked. "Yeah, I remember I pit it right there before I take a bath!" Lumine said.

"Can someone take it?" He asked. His question froze Lumine and himself. "Could it be Aoki?" He asked.

Yeah, you knew it. There is a elimination round at Yellow. And why yellow? Because it is the level in the middle of all levels. Don't get it? Try listing out the levels and you'll understand. Anyway, I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 922.