Little White feather

Little white feather fly with peace,
Glide by the wind and come to me.

Little white feather fly up high,
Higher and higher till' you touch the sky.

Little white feather shaped gracefully,
Where everything shattered were once a memory.

Lumine held the feather in her hands as tears poured down. But thanks to her bird friend she had enough energy to survive and even fought off the assasins.

They are back into that same palace, her tears fell on the white feather everyday. She tried her last attempt on assasination.

"Your highness, have a drink." Lumine said and gave him a ochoko, she poured herself and another one for Ayato.

She took a sip from her cup while Ayato looked at the cup and shook his head. "I would like to change it with yours." He said. "Huh? Uh...." Lumine sweat dropped and hesitated.

"Or did you put some purple flowers in it?" Ayato asked and looked up to Lumine. "Purple flowers? Of course not!" Lumine said and pushed her cup to him.

"Cheers." Ayato raised his cup and poured the whole drink in his mouth and placed down the cup gently.

Lumine hung a innocent, bright, pretty and cute smile at Ayato.

"How did the poison taste like?" Lumine asked. Ayato's eyes widened in amusement. "But you did drank it too didn't you?" Ayato asked.

Lumine spat out the water in her mouth and smiled once again. Ayato laughed and leaned on his chair back.

"Ah.... I've been tricked...." Ayato said and slapped his hand at his forehead. "The deadly kiss, mixed by your bartender Lumine. It only takes 10 minutes to-"

Ayato grabbed Lumine's arms and joined his mouth with hers, transferring the poison into Lumine's mouth as it washed down her throat.

Lumine shoved Ayato away and looked at him with fear. "You could've just spit it out you know?!" Lumine raised her voice at him. "I had to make the name quite literally and figuratively." Ayato chuckled.

"I didn't mean that litterally...." Lumine said. "What were you saying?" Ayato asked. "It takes 10 minutes for it to take effect...." Lumine replied.

Ayato clicked on the stopwatch and looked at Lumine. "Any last words?" Ayato asked. "How are you even talking with water in your mouth?" Lumine asked depressingly.

Ayato chuckled and leaned on his palms. "You are not the only trained one here." Ayato said. "Huh?" Lumine raised an eyebrow.

"My sister is born to be trained with grace, she was made to hold water in her mouth as she talk without spilling it out." Ayato said.

"And how is that going to do with you?" Lumine asked. "I had to learn a few tricks other than sword skills don't I?" Ayato asked.

Lumine pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. The stopwatch ticked it's last number and Ayato looked up to Lumine.

A few moments passed, but nothing happened. "What is this?" Ayato asked. Lumine bursted into laughter and tried to cover it up with something.

"What?" Ayato furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm sorry, I can't keep this drama going on anymore!" Lumine said before bursting into another round of laughter.

Ayato frowned, but then again, a smile escaped from his lips. "I loved that kiss by the way, it made the drink sweeter." Lumine said and quickly ran off.

Ayato was left alone in the room with a dumb smiling mess. But then something pulled him back again.

She was supposed to assasinate me isn't she?

Ayato stopped holding his head and went into a thinking position.

Ah... I know what to do now.

Lumine gently brushed the feather as she smiled bitterly. "Lumine." It's that same voice again. "Yes your highness?" Lumine asked. "Please call me Ayato now." Ayato said.

"Why?" Lumine asked. "If you want to do with addresses, I wouldn't mind calling you maiden with 100 ways." Ayato said. "Fine, let's go with names." Lumine said.

"Follow me." Ayato said.

And here they are, back to that grass field where Lumine lets go of the opportunity of assasinating him.

"Even your pet bird sacrificed itself for you, I suppose I shouldn't delay it longer." Ayato's voice rang again. Lumine raised her head in shock after hearing that.

He placed her dagger in Lumine's hands and spreaded his arms. Lumine went to grip his collar hard until it wrinkled.

She always wanted to stab him and complete the mission, but she didn't realise it was this hard to do so.

"I'll guide you." He said and gently held Lumine's hand. He placed the tip at his abdomen and pushed it through him.

Lumine gasped and looked at him. He sat down and held Lumine's hand. "Can I talk with you for the last 10 minutes?"

Now the table had turned, which also means this suffer is (not) coming to an end. Anyway, I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 824.