Kimono Troubles

Lumine returned to the palace. She was making her way to the hall she overheard a conversation and she went pale.

"My Kimono was gone, and I saw it today!" Ayaka exclaimed. "Which one, and where?" Ayato asked. "The one with blue sleeves, magenta ribbons and black dress! I saw a blonde pretty girl wearing it." Ayaka described it to her beloved brother.

While behind the walls, Lumine was trembling as she looked down to her Kimono is horror as it matched all her descriptions.

Blue sleeves, Black dress and magenta ribbon?! This belonged her highness?! I'm done for!!!

Lumine grabbed her hair. "Thoma, send for all blonde female guards, maids and servants, I want this Kimono to be found. And whoever is the culprit will.be.executed." He accented heavily on the last 3 words he said.

And now I know why even the red masks can't come back in one piece, this is a torture!

Lumine was about to flee, but she bumped into a group of guards who was on the duty. "Oh no." Lumine muttered as they spotted Lumine.

While on the otherside.....

"There is one more missing, where is that maiden?" Ayato asked at his throne as all the guards, maids and servants knelt before him. "That maiden?" They started to gossip for a while. "Silence!" He commanded and the whole room went quiet.

"Search for her." He said and waved his hand. "Your highness, it isn't really necessary to execute a person for the dre-" "Who gave you the permission to talk?" Ayato cuts off Thoma.

"I apologise, your highness." Thoma lowered his body and his forehead touched the floor.
"I'm here." Lumine said sternly as she was being seized to him.

She was brought infront of Ayato while he raised an eyebrow seeing her clothing. "I'm sorry, I used it." Lumine added as she was forced to kneel on the ground.

Ayato had a stern expression. "Her highness must be angry at me to touch her favourite Kimono, I'm willing to take the execution!" Lumine added and lowered her head.

Ayato couldn't supress his laughter and lets out a few smiles while trying to hide it everytime.

Did she really think I'll execute her like that?

Ayato calmed himself down. "What do you think?" Ayato asked Ayaka. "Counting on how she saved me from an assasin, I believe she is free. It's just dirty, it can be washed anyway." Ayaka said as she opened the fan.

"My deepest gratitude your highness!" Lumine said again.

"Though why do you want to wear my clothes?" Ayaka asked confusingly.

"Mine was shredded, and I only had one. I found this random one right there so I decided to use it. My apologies for using without permission. " Lumine scratched her head and quickly bowed down to the floor.

"Is that so?" She asked and opened her fan. "I have a few clothes in my closet, maybe it will fit you?" She asked as she lets out a smile to Lumine.

Lumine smiled brightly and placed her forehead at the floor. "Thank you your highness!" Lumine exclaimed happily.

"Whoa, seems like your relation with her highness was close." Thoma said. "I didn't really know how she lets me off the hook that easily, but I'm glad she did so." Lumine smiled as she adjusted her new clothes.

"For your information, today is her highness' birthday, there will be a feast going on." Thoma said. "And it's going to be really busy?" Lumine asked.

"Yeah." Thoma said. "Oh gosh..." Lumine muttered and pinched the bridge of her nose.

The palace was setted up mesmerisingly, people from different kigdoms came to celebrate. Lumine believed that this is the best assassination opportunity.

The prince who died quietly in the crowds, I might as well let out my anger on him too.

"Where is she?" The teacher asked. "She broke her leg teacher!" The girls choired in chorus.

"What do I do now?" The teacher asked panicking. "Teacher, look at that!" A girl pointed at Lumine's silhouette.

"She can do." The teacher said. The teacher quickly ran up to Lumine. "Miss, can you help us for a while?" The teacher asked. "What's wrong?" Lumine asked back. "We need an emergency back up dancer, can you do it?" She asked.

"Huh? I mean I technically did learn some-" "Change in this, quick!" The teacher said and threw her the costume.

Lumine didn't know what's going on, but she still did anyway. She had a blue courtesy on and a white bow on her waist (cover for image, and it kinda looked like blonde Hina now.) In order to not expose her leather suit, she took it off. Now she had no place for her to hide weapons. The teacher dragged her into the group.

"Hey, what is going on?" Lumine asked when her hand was forcefully tugged and placed in the line. Lumine quickly wore her blue mask (to match her clothes, and conceal her identity) and took her fan (the one that had metal strips at the back). The music was played and Lumine went for it without preparation.

Lumine was very much aware of whatever they are dancing and managed to survive without mistakes. Her movements were unexpectedly elegant and flowy, could say that it was even better than the rest.

She stood in the centre spot, with the best moves possible and the only one with a mask covering her face. She was spotlighted by people's gaze, from gentlemen to ladies from old to young.

I was very lucky to learn from Chihiro now.

Lumine thought in her mind as she moved along with others. The royals clapped, they left Lumine behind and another solo.

Lumine gulped she didn't know that the person she was impersonating now has an additional solo. No one is there for her to copy, it was a dead end.

No one to copy, they don't know if I'm dancing it correctly or not.

Lumine thought in her mind as she danced whatever Chihiro taught her. She still managed to win a round of thundering applause.

What a relief, I chose the correct stunt double.

The teacher sighed in relief. During the feast, Ayato grabbed her wrist and pulled her to an empty chamber, closing the door.

"May I know who's behind that mask?" He asked as he went infront of Lumine. Lumine shook her head and he furrowed his brows a bit.

You are lucky I don't have weapons with me, or else I would have killed you right at the spot.

Ayato went towards Lumine. Lumine reversed her steps and her back eventually hits the door. Ayato unmasked her.

"So it's you." He said. "Yeah." Lumine said and took a deep breath. "Do you expect me to be someone else?" Lumine added.

"Didn't you say that you can't dance?" Ayato asked. Lumine didn't respond and opened the door, running away.

"Let's see what else you are hiding from me." Ayato said and narrowed his eyes.

And this is the end of chapter. Anyway I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 1190.