Purple Masks

Lumine went out to the hall and was roaming around, eventually she met the master. "Oh? It's only a few months and you're already out? My, I'm impressed." He said.

"It had been 6 months." Lumine said. "Average trainees does it in a few years, you broke the record." He smiled. Lumine looked at him and turned her head to walk off. She's unaware that the master was tailing her from behind.

"I wonder where can I find purple masks." Lumine muttered. "They are all in that room." The master said. He shocked Lumine for a while and she looked at him in disbelief. The master chuckled and pointed at a closed door with a purplish kitsune mask hanging on it.

"Once you got out with all the purple kitsune mask down, the kitsune mask on the door is yours." He said and pushed Lumine in the room.

She was placed in front of alot of assasins wearing purple masks, and one of it had her mask clipped on her waist. She wasn't a stranger to Lumine. "Hi Lumine! We met again." She waved at Lumine.

Lumine smiled and the blue masked assasins looked at Lumine carefully. "I'm Akashi. Hmm... you don't have a mask, you're the new trainee they had been talking about." He said.

"Huh? Yeah." Lumine replied. "Here to unmask people?" He asked. "Mhm." Lumine nodded. "Very well then, everyone get to position." He said and they formed a circle.

"They will all attack together, once their masks are uncovered they are out of the circle. Don't worry, you don't need to defeat everyone in your first try, but you can always come back again." Akashi said and sat down with Chihiro.

Lumine stood in the centre of the circle and looked around to observe her oponents. The blue masked waved his hand and everyone charged towards Lumine.

It was easy for Lumine to unmask the first few, as the people in the circle has gotten less, it gotten more difficult as there are bigger space for them to move.

Until she was left with one last assasin. "Oh boy, it's him." Chihiro gasped. "What's wrong? Lumine asked and narrowly dodged another attack.

"He's strongest among us, and is always very close to snatching our trainer's mask. Be careful Lumine!" She warned while Lumine dodged another attack.

5 minutes had passed, Lumine was tired but not the assasin. He jumped to Lumine and Lumine crouched down. She accidentally uncovered the last person's mask.

Everyone cheered and Lumine smiled happily. "Yes! I knew you could do it!" She said happily. "You did a great job at tutoring her Chihiro." Akashi said.

"I didn't do much, she's a fast learner." Chihiro said and smiled sheepishly. Akashi waved his hand and everyone wore back their masks.

Lumine was presented the purple mask at the door. Lumine is officially a purple mask now. She started training with more people now, and her training became more intense.

She is now learning how to fight, how to distract and how to fall from a low height.

Even though she is a gymnast, her strength is still the weakest of the group. Each time sparring she lost without any doubt despite how good her reflexes are.

"This cannot do Lumine, you have good reflexes, but how can you take out your enemy with weak strength?" Chihiro asked.

"I don't know!" Lumine asked while lying on the floor after getting punched in the stomach. "Seems like you need more strengthening works." Akashi asked.

"Don't worry, I'll train you extra too." Chihiro said. "Thanks." Lumine said.

So during the upcoming days Lumine was woken up to jog in the morning, do strengthening works the whole day.

Eventually, the effects of the hard works had happened. Lumine won Chihiro during sparing, and continued to spar with others. She was unaware that it is the elimation round for the next trial.

Until she made her way face to face to the strongest purple mask. "I'm impressed that you can come all the way here." He said. "Uh... thanks?" Lumine smiled akwardly. "Last time you won with luck, I won't let it happen again this time." He said.

"Alright, let's see if Lumine gets to defeat the strongest purple mask." Akashi said and raised his hand. But before he can wave it down, someone opened the door.

And black and white kitsune mask entered. Everyone gasped, including Lumine. "I want to see a performance from the purple masks, am I allowed?" He asked.

Lumine shook her head hard, but Akashi nodded. The master smiled underneath his mask and sat down comfortably at the front row.

Lumine glared at the audience with despair and stood in position as the Akashi raised his arm once again. He dropped it down and her oponent ran to her. Lumine screamed and stepped to the side at the last second.

Her oponent eventually ran out of the sparring zone and crashed into the wall leading to a loud thud. And Lumine obtained victory without doing anything.

The whole room was silent, but gradually they heard the master was clapping slowly and they clapped thunderous.

Her oponent was upset. Things that haven't started had ended. However, Akashi saw how disappointed he is and an idea came up to his mind.

The moral of the story tells you not to be too hasty sometimes, anyways, 2nd lucky escape for Lumine. I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 917.