Attempt backfires

"Ugh... Ahem, nature called." Lumine placed down the perfume bottle and went to the toilet.

Due to the exposure towards that deadly flower, Lumine was vomiting aggressively due to her head spinning.

However, the perfume which was left alone, was taken away by a pair of hands, replacing with another identical bottle.

"This flower IS a bit too dangerous sometimes." Lumine said and took the bottle. She stuffed it into the box with a ribbon and went out of the room.

She was in the halls, where maids walked around doing their duties. "Your highness, do take present of the peasant." Lumine offered the gift infront of the fiancée, who was sitting beside Ayato. The fiancée opened the box and found a exquisite perfume bottle in there.

She examined the perfume and was amused. "It's quite exquisite if you ask me, how much did it cost?" Her asked. "I made it myself." Lumine said.

"I knew you were a dancer, never knew you can make perfumes too. I must say you are a bit all rounded." The fiancée said and opened the perfume bottle.

"I'll borrow that for a while." Ayato said as he puts down his pen and took the perfume bottle from her hands. He sprayed it at Lumine and Lumine flinched, backing away as the droplets hit her face.

Lumine was trying to wipe the perfume droplets off as an invisible panick flashed past her face.

Ayato got up from his throne and walked down to Lumine. He held her wrist and stopped the sleeves from rubbing on her face. He leaned in to her shoulders with that same smile.

"Why are you panicking? I'm just testing it out." Ayato asked beside her ears as Lumine's pupils quivered in horror. "I loved that smell, so irresistible." Ayato lets out a small chuckle.

"And it suits your personality alot." He said and turned away. It felt like Lumine's world was crumbling.

Within a few minutes, the flower enzyme will break down the tissues on her face. Lumine quickly hurried away from the hall.

A few minutes passed, nothing. Nothing happened.

Wait a minute, don't tell me that isn't the flower enzyme but some stupid replicate.

Lumine frowned and stormed out of the room. The first person to greet her is that same blue haired man.

He had that stupid smile on him that makes Lumine want to rip it off with her dagger. "Looking for this?" He asked and took out the flower enzyme.

"What- so it's you!" Lumine quickly reached up to it. Ayato pressed down her head as she jumped up to him. "I studied about this flower a few days ago." Ayato said.

Ayato's footsteps reached his room and the door was pushed open. "Up we go." Ayato placed Lumine down to the bed and searched her body.

Eventually, he found the vacuumed packet of those flowers. "Found it." Ayato said and was about to leave.

He stopped his paces and turned back to Lumine. He pulled up the blanket and gave it a gentle tap. "Rest well." He said and walked off.

He went to the library and searched for books. "Flowers Of Teyvat, Inazuma Flowers, Purple Flowers recorded, Herbs,  plants..." Ayato took out the books from the racks and started to research.

But no, there is no results. Until he found a paper stuffed in that corner of the book rack. He unfolded it and finally foumd the information of the flower.

The Flower information isn't going to be in here because a flower like that didn't exist in reality, but let's call it as Dokunoaruhana (which litterally meant poisonous flower, don't come at me, non Japanese speaker here.)

"It has a special enzyme that is enough to break down proteins... Causes breathing problems if the fragrance is inhaled, and it can even paralyse people permanently once eaten....." Ayato gasped as he read about the flower.

"Luckily it went extinct as the 3rd king of Inazuma sent on a decree to destroy all of the flowers?" Ayato asked as he read the information.

But then where did Lumine get this? Did she found those who didn't get destroyed? It doesn't add up....

Ayato thought in his mind. It was a very complicated flower for him to understand, but with those notes he obtained he understood the flower and learnt to do the antidote.

"I knew it, a poisonous flower like this isn't really that easy to get rid of the toxins. Breathing in fresh air just holds it off, it doesn't cure it." Ayato said.

Ayato followed the steps on the paper to boil the antidote. But he seemed to over boil it and the enzymes were condensed into a thick gooey splodge.

"I would say that this is the poison instead of the antidote." Ayato doubted himself.

"Uh.... Thoma, serve this to Lumine will you?" Ayato asked. "Urhm... I'll tell someone to do that I'm busy now." Thoma quickly reversed his steps after seeing the "antidote".

"You are a schemed assasin." Ayato said and poured something in to neutralise the enzyme. "How did you know that?" Lumine asked after seeing him neutralise the deadly enzyme.

"I learnt it from the notes." Ayato said. "Notes?" Lumine raised an eyebrow.

"This one." Ayato said. "That's-" Lumine exclaimed as her breath paused.

I don't know if this is a cliffhanger, but I hope you liked cliffhangers. Anyway, I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 915.