A Masked Situation

Lumine woke up in the middle of the night, feeling a great pain in her chest. She changed into dark clothes and snuck out of her room,

She snuck past guards and made her way back to the basement.

Let's see.... I travelled through time when I came down, so I should travel back when I go back up.

Lumine though in her head and went up to the stairs again. Her hypothesis was right, she did travel back to her time, and it is daytime.

With the morning light glistening into her house, she walked around her house trying to find something. She opened her shelf and found her medications with the doctor slip.

She swallowed a few to ease her pain and decided to keep some into her pockets to prevent coming back up into the future.

Wait, I'm already back at my time. I don't need to go back anym-

"Lumine?" A sound rang behind her. Lumine turned her head to the source and found a purple mask looking at her.

"Chihiro? How did you get here?" Lumine asked. "I was doing my guarding duty just now, and I saw you sneaking, so I decided to follow you. Where is this? It doesn't look like our base..." Chihiro said.

Before Lumine can continue, a few more masked people rushed up from the basement and brought Lumine back to the base.

"Boss, we found her." They said while seizing Lumine infront of him. "Attempt escaping?" The boss asked. Lumine stayed quiet, she did attempted to escape, but mostly she has to take her medications.

The boss stood up from his place and walked to Lumine. "I'm asking you questions." He said and lifted Lumine's chin to look at him.

A bottle of pills fell out from her pocket and rolled to his foot. He retrieved his foot a bit and picked it up.

"What is this? A bomb?" He asked Lumine. "That's my medications." Lumine said. "And what is it?" He asked. "Pain killer." Lumine said. He looked at the bottle with confusion. "Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah. Different packages." Lumine said. "Are you sick?" He asked. "I had cancer, second stage." Lumine said. He was caught off guard and looked at Lumine.

"I'm saving money for chemotherapy." Lumine added. "Chemo-what?" He asked. "A treatment for cancer." Lumine said. "That was a thing?" He asked. Lumine nodded.

"If I don't get it treated in this year, I can only wait for death." Lumine said and took the pain killer from him. "I'm still saving money, I should be able to get it by this December." Lumine said and walked off.

"Chemotherapy...." he muttered while looking at Lumine's petite figure slowly disappearing.

Lumine went back to her dorm and changed her clothes. It's almost morning, and she went for her trial.

When she opened the door, Etsuko wasn't there. "Where is Etsuko?" Lumine asked. "She had withdrawn from the trial." Aoki said and walked to Lumine. "Do not disappoint me with your inelegant fights." She said.

"I won't." Lumine said. "Good." Aoki replied. "For this trial, you will fight with weapons. Becareful, you are dead if you lose." The master said.

Now I understood why Etsuko withdraw from the trial. It's the trial that most people died of.

Lumine thought to herself and went to the table. She closely examined the weapons, analysing it's use for the trial.

The hair pin has a sharp end, I can use this for my offense. However the hand fan has metal pieces at the back of the fan, it should be sturdy enough to withstand the impacts of the weapons here.

She took a hair pin and a fan. "Is that all?" Aoki asked. "Mhm." Lumine replied confidently.

They stood at position and waited for the bell. Once the bell rang, Aoki flung a hair pin towards Lumine and ran to her side. Lumine deflected the hairpin with the fan and ducked, making Aoki tripped over her tumbling to the floor.

Lumine picked up the hair pin and flung it towards her. Aoki dodged and ran to Lumine. The examinors looked at the epic battle between the two. At last Lumine threw a bundle of hair pin and pinned Aoki to the wall by it's cloth.

Lumine went up to her struggling state. The examinors thought blood will stain the room again, they even called for the janitors to stand by....

And this is the end of chapter, I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 761.