Just an apprentice?

The boss didn't really want to train Lumine, they just always sit there, drinking tea having chats. "Are you like this with Sir Andou too?" Lumine asked.

"Technically." He said. "But Andou is most likely to be studying." He added.

"Can I take off your mask?" Lumine suddenly asked, she was dying to know who is behind there.

"During spar? Of course." He said playfully and puts the table aside. "Wait are you sure?" Lumine asked. She wasn't expecting a spar right there right now.

"Why?" He asked. "Nothing." Lumine said. "Now show me all your aerobic skills." He said.

Lumine ran up to the boss and did a 1.5 twist combination. But then he caught Lumine in his arms like calculated. "Hey! That's not how it's supposed to land like!" Lumine yelped and rolled out of his arms.

"Wanna bet how much time I can hold you like that in this sparring?" He asked. Lumine frowned as she didn't gave in for defeat.

She tried to throw a shoe at him, but he caught it and threw it back to Lumine. It hits Lumine in the face and she tumbled backwards, right back into his arms again. "Counting that as 1." He said.

Lumine attempted to snatch his mask, but he dodged it and dropped Lumine on the floor. "Hey! Can't you at least give me a soft landing?" Lumine asked while rubbing her butt.

He looked at her with the kitsune mask on him, where it looked like the kitsune was smiling, taunting at her. Lumine gasped in disbelief and huffed up her cheeks.

She reversed a few steps and ran back at him.

It seemed rather familiar. Ah, she must be reusing the ways she used to pass the previous exams.

The boss let's out a slight chuckle and caught Lumine with just a stretch of his arms. Lumine gasped when he just read her mind like that. "Counting that as 2." He said.

"How did you-" Lumine furrowed her eyebrows. And the boss rolled her down his arms.

Luckily I paid full attention to all those examinations before, else I can't think of a way to encounter her tricks. Have she not realise it yet?

The boss thought in his mind. Lumine grunted as she rolled on the ground for a bit. She raised her head in disbelief and glared at the boss.

"I'll get you one day." Lumine said and got up to her legs. She was about to grabbed the door knob, but instead she grabbed.... hair.

Looking down to who it is, it's Sir Andou. "Oh, sorry Sir Andou." Lumine stepped to the side and waddled away.

"How long have you been watching?" The boss asked. "Since the start of the sparring." Andou said and walked it.

"Look dad, I know you like Lumine alot, but you have to understand she is not her, she has to live in her time zone." Andou said as he placed down the things he had in his hands on the table.

"I know, I'm trying to move on but...." the boss said and sighed.

"Dad, Lumine told me that she has to go back to her time and get Chemotherapy. She told me that it's the only way she can recover from cancer." Andou said and went to him.

The boss turned his head towards yhe calendar, it was not long until the next year.

"You're right, it's 27 December now." He said. "If you really love her-" "I will know what to do." The boss completed the sentence for Andou.

A few years ago, Andou caught a injured Finch and brought it to the boss, who was practicing his bladeworks.

"Papa! I caught a bird!" He said and lifted the bird up to his tall figure. He bent down and picked up the bird in his arms.

"The bird is injured, can you take care of it?" He asked. Andou nodded and ran into the building.

He took care of the bird until it recovered. "Andou, it's time to set the bird free." The boss said.

"No! I want to keep it!" Andou whined. "Andou." The boss said and crouched down to him. "I know you love this bird alot, but it needs freedom. This bird does not belong here, it lives in the wild." He explained patiently to him.

"If you really love the bird, you wil know what to do." He said. Andou pouted and the boss left.

"You did listen to my lessons dear son." The boss smiled underneath his mask after seeing Andou writing on the scroll.

At night when the boss was asleep in his bed, he was snoring quietly. The door slightly creaked open and Lumine snuck in.

She crouched down by his bed and quietly reached out her hand to his mask as he was lying on his right. Lumine heard him groan and retracted her hand as he flipped him body facing the ceiling.

Lumine stood up and reached for his mask again. But he suddenly grabbed Lumine arm and flung her across, pinning her down.

"I knew it." He said to Lumine. "Dad?"

So what will the boss do? Anyway, I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 877.