Untied knots

Lumine recovered from her camcer after those Chemotherapy. Her hair was falling from the treatment and she had a few bald spot.

Her coach gave her a few months off from competing. And here she is now, bored in her house.

Due to her frequently competing, she didn't have the time to clean her house properly. When she did, she found a few old books from her shelves.

She saw her family tree, from her ancestors down to her grandmother. Her mother and her spot was left empty.

After writing in her name and her mother's, she realised there were alot of Lumine infront of her, and she was the 5th one to be called Lumine.

That prophecy is not referring to me, but another Lumine before me.

Lumine was a bit shocked after seeing how much Lumine there are before her. Especially one that looked alot like her except with long hair, she is also called Lumine.

She flipped the book and found her information.

Fourth Lumine, born in the same year with Prince Kamisato Ayato. Lived in a noble house for 18 years and died after a civil war fare.

Lumine looked at the information blankly. "My ancestor?" Lumine asked.

She closed the book and went down her basement. It was dark and Lumine took each step carefully with a dim torchlight in her hands.

She found the candle that lied there ever since her time travel and went to pick it up. She was trying to inspect the basement to find out how she time travelled.

She came to a crate with a few white headed match scattered there. She squeezed her eyes, trying to figure out things, and suddenly her torch light ran out of power.

Lumine took the match and brushed on the floor, lighting up the candle again. Walking back up to the basement, to the place which was familiar again.

"Lumine?" A familiar voice rang behind her. She turned her head and looked at the child who grew a bit older.

Lumine paused and the dots were finally connected. The white match was the key for her to time travel. Once it was lit, it opens up a time tunnel between the past and the present.

It only has the usage to go back and forth once. But then who made it?

"Lumine! You're back!" Andou ran to Lumine and hugged her. Andou had grown older and is as tall as her now.

"Missed you Andou, how old are you now?" Lumine asked. "I'm 12." He said. But then Andou raised his eyebrow and tilted his head. "Is there anything wrong?" He asked.

Lumine shook her head gently. "How is your father?" Lumine asked. "He's not doing good! Ever since you disappeared, he didn't eat, drink or sleep well." Andou said as he brought Lumine to see his father.

"He always mutter out your name in his sleep and when he's drunk. Your disappearance impacted his life alot." Andou said and knocked on the door.

"I'm not hungry Andou." Behind the door rang. "There is someone special with me." Andou said. "Who is it? A new trainee?" He asked.

"Open up to find out." Andou said. The door creaked open and the mask popped out from the inside. "Hello there boss, how have you been?" Lumine asked.

Tears rolled down his face. "You're back." He said. "I thought you are not going to come back anymore." He said quietly. "I'm just here to clear up something." Lumine said.

"Is there anything still leave you questioning?" He asked. Lumine pointed at his mask. "Can I take it off?" She asked one last time.

Hearing no response, Lumine slowly lifted up the smiling kitsune mask. She was shocked when she saw his face, the mask slid off and fell on the floor.

"You're...."

Moments of truth! We are finally seeing who is the mastermind! Did anyone guess it before the chapter? Let me know. Word count: 662.