Little Ninja

"Who sent you?" Lumine asked. "Follow me to find out." She said and reached out her tiny hand while the other was rubbing her eye.

Lumine took it and followed her lead. She eventually reached the big gates of the palace.

Wait.... what did you do Lumine?

Did you not respect his highness and he is now angry at you? You're getting executed?! Say what?! Royals are really short tempered.

Oh no wait, or is it because he thinks that you are suspicious and sent people to keep an eye on you to be updated on my movements so that I don't do something horrible? But why?! Maybe I squirmed away too soon?

"Your highness." She said and got down to her knees, which coincidentally snapped Lumine off her thoughts, kneeling down too.

"Oh? What brings you here beautiful maiden?" Ayato said as he rised from his throne.

You are not supposed to bring her here Sayu!

It was written all over his face to show the poor ninja. "Nothing, I am just here because...." Lumine said and stopped to think.

Oh no.... I forgot to come up with an explanation!

Lumine clenched her fist and tried to think of something. "She's here for a job your highness!" The little ninja quickly said.

A job? Eh... nevermind, just go with the flow I guess.

"A job?" He said and lowered his head to think for a while. "How about...." He said and looked at a person who was carrying the laundry basket.

Loyal servant of his highness? It's him who was travelling with his highness isn't it?

Lumine thought in her head. "Thoma, can you lend me a second?" He said. Thoma placed down the humongus laundry basket and went to him. "Yes your highness?" He asked.

After a quick scan at Lumine and his highness, he seemed to figure something out. "Huh? You're going to put her under me?" Thoma asked. "Not a bad idea." He said after raising his eyebrows in realisation.

What?! Working as a servant? You little ninja, I'll get you one day!

Lumine bit her tounge a bit. "But why do I think that she'll fit the entertainers more?" Thoma asked.  "Can you dance?" He asked. And Lumine shook her head.

Do I look like a traditional dancer to you? I don't. But if it's necessary, I can though.

"As a assasin, you'll have to be sly and learn to show off in some ways." Andou said. He thought for a while, and continued.

"I know how men do showing off their martial arts, but I don't know how girls does it, sorry Lumine." He said.

Lumine looked around as she was the only girl in the class. "Though I do know a person who was a royal dancer before." Andou said.

"And I'm back to where I've started." Lumine said as she stood in the empty room again. The door opened and Lumine saw Chihiro, replaying the first day when she joined.

"Oh, you were the one Sir Andou wanted me to train again. What brings you here?" Chihiro asked. "Here to learn some dances." Lumine said. "But the thing is... I only know Odori." Chihiro scratched her head.

"Or atleast can you play instruments?" Thoma asked and Lumine shook her head again.

How am I supposed to know how to play instruments? I am a tone deaf.

"You are my sunshine My only sunshi-" Lumine stopped singing as she heard Koto sound reverberating through the halls. Lumine followed the sound and found the master playing the Koto aggressively through the door gap.

Lumine slowly backed away and accidentally bumped into Andou. The smoking tea spilled on his clothes and he jumped around, slightly scalded.

The Master stopped the strings and stood up and went towards the noise. "Sorry Sir!" Lumine exclaimed and was wiping off the tea stains with her handkerchief.

"Lumine?" His sound rang behind her as she jumped. "I'm sorry! I know I shouldn't be here! I'll leave now!" Lumine said and ran off.

But the Master grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. Lumine stumbled backwards and fell right into his arms.

"Is that a new courting skill? Oh well, I don't know and I don't care." Andou said and went in the room. "Sir wait! Don't leave me!" Lumine said. "Are you sure you don't want to learn to play Koto?" He asked.

"I mean it sounds cool but-" Lumine said while the boss dragged Lumine into the room. He placed Lumine down on the cushion and sat down behind her, having a grip on her hands.

"Andou, get my picks from the drawer." He said. "Okay I guess." Andou said and gave him the box of picks in the drawers. And after that he went back writing on the scroll again.

It took him sometime to find the perfect picks for her. "First finger is your thumb, second is your index finger, third is your middle finger." He said putting the picks on her 3 fingers.

"Triangle hands." He moved Lumine's Lumine's fingers and placed it on the Koto strings.

"Move like a caterpillar." He said and moved Lumine's first finger foward. Moving the other 2 fingers foward to the strings again.

"Then align all the strings with your third finger." He said and adjusted Lumine's finger, brushing it down the strings.

"There, now you learnt the basics." He said. He was patiently teaching Lumine how to play the Koto.

Technically I was lying to the royals, I hope they don't find out. I am no master at those things.

Lumine thought nervously in her mind. "See? She couldn't really be in the entertainments." His highness said.

"Oh.... then welcome to join us." Thoma smiled to Lumine.

How can it escalate now? Only one way to find out- that is to read the next chapter. Anyway I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 991.