A Small Adjustment

"Speak! Where are you from and what are you?" Ayato asked with a heavy tone. Lumine moved her leg and found her centre point. With just a slight push of her leg she threw him off her back. Sounding a loud thud when he lands on the floor.

"I am a human." Lumine saw and took out the dagger strapped at her thighs. She was about to stab it down to his throat but he grabbed Lumine's wrist.

Lumine yelped when Ayato flung her over his shoulders. But she landed her legs first into a low bridge and stood up.

"Are you an Assassin trying to kill me?" He asked with a stern voice after tackling Lumine down to the floor.

"Confess." He pointed the dagger at Lumine's throat. "Never." Lumine said as the dagger came closer to her. "Last chance." Ayato said. "Try me." Lumine challenged.

"Are you not afraid of death?" He asked. "The dagger is made out of plastic anyway." Lumine said. "Plastic?" He furrowed his eyebrows and tested out the dagger.

He stabbed it down onto a wood plank and it was stuck there. When he turned his head to search for Lumine, she already ran away through the open window.

Ayato frowned, but his lips still tugged up to a smile that reeks of mischievousness.

Oh my goodness, that was a innocent act. You are lucky now I chose to act dumb.

Ayato thought in his mind. "Thoma." Ayato said. "Yes my lord?" Thoma asked outside the door. "Come in." Ayato said. "Huh? Okay?" Thoma said and hesitated to open the door.

"Yes my lord? Oh, where is Lumine-Chan?" Thoma asked. "She ran away, order the guards to search for her, I want her alive." Ayato said and turned to the open window.

"Yes my lord." Thoma said and went off.

Lumine stopped her paces and rested below a tree. "He found out my identity through luck, I can't let it happen again." Lumine said.
She adjusted her kimono and tied her obi back.

But her eye lids are becoming heavier and she was shadowed by the dark.

...

"AAAAAHHHH!" Lumine screamed awake as a needle poked her. She saw a person giving her acupuncture. "Oh, nevermind she woke up herself." The doctor said and kept the needles. "Thank you doctor." Ayato said and looked back at Lumine.

Lumine quickly pulled up the zipper which was left hanging infront of her torso and looked at him in disbelief.

"You were here the whole time?" Lumine frowned. "Why? Am I not allowed to?" Ayato asked. "Yes, you are not allowed to." Lumine said.

"The doctor said that you inhaled the poison of this flower." Ayato said and showed her the flower.

It's the flower I slid under his pillow! He found out already?

Lumine gasped silently. "He told me you had the first stage of poisoning, and wanted me to bring you out for fresh air." Ayato said.

"What are you waiting for? Put on your Kimono and let's go." Ayato added and moved his head a bit.

Lumine wore her Kimono and followed Ayato outside. For some unknown reason, he didn't want any guards to follow him.

"Are you not afraid of me killing you at any time?" Lumine asked as she raised her head to see Ayato. They were stepping on emerald grass and blooming flowers. There is no one except them, and only them.

A gust of wind blew quietly and Ayato shook his head. "Infact I would like to see you try." He said with that same smirk.

Lumine reached down to her leather suit and realised that her dagger was returned to her.

Is he calling for a fight or something?

Lumine looked at him confusingly. They sat there for a couple of hours, enjoying the breeze that kisses their face.

Lumine felt her lungs cleared and her misty consciousness is gone. She felt refreshed and lets out loud laughter as she twirls around in the green carpets.

Eventually when the sun meets the border of the land, Lumine and Ayato was running on the grass towards the sun.

Lumine jumped and lands on the soft grass, hugging the softness and the warmness of the green.

"Feeling refreshed?" Ayato asked. "Yeah." Lumine picked her head up from the grass. "That's nice." Ayato said and lied down beside Lumine.

Come one Lumine, stab him down at the chest! Let the red stain the grass!

Lumine grabbed the dagger hard under her kimono.

Or not...

Lumine hesitated and clenched her fist tight.

Nevermind....

Lumine loosened her grip of the dagger and sat down beside him.

Lumine hesitated? Anyway I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 788.