Behind The Smiling Mask

Trigger warning: Blood.

A young voice rang in the background. They both turned their heads to the child who was standing there, shocked.

The scroll and pen dropped and hits the ground. "What are you doing to Lumine?" Andou quickly dragged Lumine away from the boss and shielded her behind him.

"Andou it's not what you saw." The boss quickly explained, but Andou turned his back at him and pulled Lumine out of the room.

"Sir Andou, what happened?" Lumine asked carefully. They walked further and further away until they reach underneath an old tree.

"Sir Andou, it's a misunderstanding. We didn't do anything, he just prevented me from unmasking him." Lumine said. Andou instantly raised his head and looked at Lumine.

"Are you really eager to know who's behind?" He asked. "Wait, you unmasked him before?!" Lumine exclaimed. Andou quickly shuts Lumine up with his palm slapped on her mouth.

"Do you know why are there no red or black masks in here?" He asked and Lumine shook her head.

"We are trained to unmask our superiors, the other red mask did so too. But everytime they successfully did so.... they...." Andou trembled in fear and couldn't continue further.

The mask fell on the floor and bounced off. The previous red mask who unmasked the boss was rather shocked. "You're-" before he can finish, the boss raised up his blade and charged towards him.

Blood splattered on the floor and walls, the wooden planks, tatami carpets were now tainted. He kept his blade and picked up the mask again.

And that's when he heard a quiet gasp. He turned his way and there stood his adopted son, Andou. His mouth tugged up into a slight smile, revealing his pearl white teeth and gestured him to stay silent.

Andou fell on the floor and refused to believe his eyes, the kind and friendly boss, the ideal father was also a person that makes crimson red blood splatter around.

It's something too much for an 8 years old to comprehend.

"I was young, so I didn't get it too. If I was a bit older, things would have escalated a different way." Andou trembled.

"Do you still eager to find out who's behind it?" He asked. Lumine hesitated as her hand shuddered? Trembling? Vibrating? No, no words could describe.

"I could tell you he is-" Andou was about expose him but his mouth is slapped shut. "Both of you, go back to sleep this instant." The boss said.

"Fine." Lumine said and stood up. "Are you really not going to tell her who you are?" Andou asked as Lumine slowly disappears in the dark. "I'm sure she can find out herself." He said.

"Are you sure she won't end up like the previous ones?" Andou asked with concern. "No, not anymore." He said and brought Andou back holding his hand.

For the father and son, the tall figure and the tiny figure who barely reached his chest, walking side by side, underneath the navy blankets decorated with glittering diamonds.

Is it the end? Nope, it's not. There is still waaaay more untold stories. And there is alot of bombs coming in because I can. Just kidding. Anyway I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 549.