His Private Entertainer

Soon the sky was replaced with a shade of navy blue with stars which looked like scattered diamonds that decorates the sky.

Lumine fell into a deep slumber in his arms, warm and comfortable. Ayato gestured everyone to be quiet as he enters the palace and tucks Lumine in bed.

...

Lumine struggled as the sunlight radiates on her skin. Lumine sat up from the bed and slid her hands along the sheets.

Freshly changed sheets, so smooth and silk-

Wait a minute....

Lumine shifted her gaze to the maid who stood beside her. "Where is this place?" Lumine asked. "This is his highness' chamber and-" the maid said and Lumine gestured her to be quiet.

"Where is he?" Lumine asked. "He was burning the midnight oil at the archives." The maid said. "Why?" Lumine asked. "Let me finish your high- uh, Lumine." The maid said.

"What did you say?" Lumine asked. "Nothing!" She quickly said. "Fine." Lumine said.

"Yesterday his highness was carrying you back in his arms, he placed you in here in his room while he spent the whole night in the archives." The maid said.

"And what brings you here?" Lumine asked. "His highness wanted me to take care of you of course." She said and gave her a bowl of hot soup.

She looked in it and saw purple bubbles popping. "What is this?" Lumine asked. "Medicine he made, he said is for you." The maid said. "But I'm not sick?" Lumine asked.

"If there is sickness you treat it, if there isn't you strengthen your body. Come on." Andou said and placed the spoon close to her mouth.

"Oh.... I get it now...." Lumine muttered to herself.

That statement Sir Andou made is a tradition of this time zone, no wonder it sounded exactly the same.

Lumine gulped down the purple water and felt tingling feeling all over her body. But then she felt nothing on her tongue, probably because her taste buds became numb.

Lumine went into the hall and saw Thoma. "Oh, Lumine it's good to see you again." Thoma said.  "His highness called for you." Thoma added before heading off to his duties.

What is he up to now? Another pile of torn pants? (Ayato Charge attack as refrence)

Lumine continued forward to find that annoying pest. "What is it your highness?" Lumine asked with a impatient voice. Ayato raised his head from the stacks of book he read overnight.

"Oh, it's my beautiful maiden." Ayato said and stood up from his place. "I have something to tell you." He said. "What is it now?" Lumine frowned.

After a few whispers beside Lumine ear she looked at Ayato with mixed emotions.

"You wanted me to be your private entertainer?" Lumine asked and Ayato nodded.

Perfect! This is all going the right way, with a room just me and him, I can just kill him off! Luck is finally on my side!

Lumine wanted to smile but she had to hide it in someway. "Of course your highness, it is my honor." Lumine said with a smile, but not a innocent one.

When she was called there, a few more unfamiliar faces greeted her. "This is the dancer I've been telling you." Ayato said and pointed at Lumine.

"It's my pleasure to meet you uh...." Lumine shifted her gaze around to guess her identity.

Seeing their hands intertwine together, Lumine figured out who it was.

"Your highness." Lumine continued. "This is a pleasant night, why not you present us a dance fair maiden?" Ayato asked.

"Yes your highness." Lumine curtsied. She wore her mask and opened her fan infront of her torso. She nodded at the Koto player as he plucked a few strings.

Lumine moved her arms and swayed along with the music and fluttering her body like a butterfly. The royals were honestly entertained, Lumine secretly saw the lady hugging Ayato's arm as she watched the performance.

Ayato seemed unbothered as his eyes were set on Lumine. The lady moved a Sakzuki with sake infront of Ayato as she grinned, drunkly. Ayato adjusted his position and caressed her hair as he continued to watch the performance.

Ayato felt a warm sensation at his palm as he looked down to the drunken lady in his arms. Her face was all red and she was laughing on her own.

"Thank you for the performance today Lumine." Ayato said and stood up. Lumine stopped, curtsied and took down her mask.

He picked up the lady in his arms and walked off. Lumine wasn't really the special one. Lumine followed him behind while the lady giggled in his arms, pinching his cheeks.

"Oh Ayato, you are still as handsome as those nights~" she muttered. Her voice stung Lumine's ears, Lumine shook her head and sighed.

Anyway I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 814.