Masks Of An Assasin

Lumine was brought to a comfortable room compared to the one in her house. She settled down in bed and looked at the ceiling.

"What's actually happening?" Lumine asked herself. "Is it a dream? But just now when they slammed me to the floor, I can actually feel pain...." Lumine muttered.

"I couldn't possibly time travelled can I?" Lumine asked. "But I just went to the basement!" Lumine said. Lumine placed herself in silence, then she turned around and pulled the blanket on her.

"Whatever, I should just.... get use to this new life.... I definitely can't escape for now." Lumine sighed and slept.

The next day, Lumine woke up early as her habit and went out. "Stretching time..." Lumine said as her daily routine. After washing up, stretching, after that, eat then start training.

She's basically living like that for the past few years. She back bent and grabbed her ankle while she rests her chest on the floor, looking at the wall in a daze.

Once she got bored of the position, she stood up and did a 270 degreed needle. When her trainer opened the door, she was shocked and almost dropped to the floor by Lumine's position.

"Uh.... Lumine?" The trainer called for her attention. "Oh! Uh, don't mind me, I'm just doing my stretchings Ahah...." Lumine recovered and scratched her head.

"My lord was right, your flexibility is scary." She said and shook her head. "Sorry if I scared you." Lumine said. "I'm Chihiro, and I'm your trainer." She introduced herself while Lumine looked at her mask.

"Why do you have that on?" Lumine asked.

"You know, different masks represented different ranks in here.

The purple represented Rookies, the blue ones are those who are Capable, the green ones are Intermediate, yellow ones are Effective, the orange ones are Advanced, the red ones are Distinguished, while the black and white one is Master.

However you haven't become an assasin, so you would be maskless for now." Chihiro said.

Lumine gulped when she heard that the black and white kitsune mask is the highest class, because it is the mask of the man who was wearing just now.

"But you are a purple mask." Lumine said. "And I'm training to be a blue mask. Don't ever underestimate me even though I'm a purple mask, the standards here are quite high, so even a purple mask isn't an easy target if you don't believe me, you can try for yourself." Chihiro said.

"You had to uncover all the purple masks to be a purple mask." Chihiro said. "Oh..." Lumine said and went to Chihiro. Before Lumine could touch the mask, she hooked Lumine's leg from below and tripped her.

Lumine fell on her butt and yelped in pain. "This is what you would encounter if you attempt to uncover a purple mask, but don't worry, I'll teach you to be a purple mask." Chihiro said and held out her hand to Lumine.

Lumine got back up to her legs and nodded. "And take note, your trainer will change if you rank up, and at last you will face the lord himself, no one actually surpassed him though.

I would suggest that you stop at orange." Chihiro said. "Why?" Lumine asked. "Because if you became red, you will face against the boss, you had to know that he's tough and he's fast." Chihiro said and looked around.

After making sure that there is no single soul, she whispered beside Lumine's ear. "And he is sly too, I would guarantee, he would flirt at you due to your beauty." Chihiro whispered.

Lumine looked at Chihiro and cleared her throat. "I see, so shall we start with our training?" Lumine asked. "Huh? Sure." Chihiro said and Lumine listened to the lesson.

With not long period of time, Lumine learnt to dodge incoming attacks and enhanced her reflexes. And soon it is the time for Lumine to uncover purple masks.

"You've improved much actually, you're very fast." She said. "Thanks." Lumine replied. "And I think you are good enough to uncover the first mask." Chihiro said and gestured Lumine.

"Huh?" Lumine asked. "The first mask you need to uncover before uncovering other's is your trainer's. If you successfully uncover your trainer's mask, you are free to uncover other masks of the same level." Chihiro explained.

Lumine nodded and ran to Chihiro. She leaped across Chihiro's under sweep kick. Lumine bounced off with her hands and got back to her feet. Chihiro smiled satisfyingly and turned around while Lumine catches for a breath.

"Remember, other masked assasins won't wait for you to catch a breath." Chihiro said. "Oh, sorry." Lumine said and regained her position.

"That's it." Chihiro said proudly and Lumine ran up to her again. Lumine slided below Chihiro's legs and got behind her, Lumine snatched the kitsune mask by it's ear from behind.

"That's fast, but well done." Chihiro said and turned around. "Thanks." Lumine said and gave back her mask. "I think you're ready to snatch other masks." Chihiro said and clipped the mask on her waist.

"Why don't you wear it back?" Lumime asked. "Because you lifted my mask, this is the sign of sucess." She said. "Wouldn't it be confusing?  I mean there are other trainee assasins too right?" Lumine asked.

"Oh no, you are the only trainee in here, this assasin unit hadn't get new recruitment for a long time, that's why his lord is so desperate for you to join us." Chihiro said. "I get it now." Lumine said and smiled.

"How long have you been in here?" Lumine asked. "A few years." Chihiro replied.

"But why are you still in purple mask?" Lumine asked. "The blue masks are hard to encounter, I might to train for a few more years to get there." Chihiro said.

"Do you train by yourself?" Lumine asked. "No, we are trained by a blue mask, if you get a purple mask, you would be in the same class with us." Chihiro said.

"But that means there would be alot of purple masks uncovering blue masks, wouldn't that be confusing?" Lumine asked. "You'll figure everything out when you get there." Chihiro said and pats Lumine on the back.

"I got it." Lumine said. "Now off you go, go uncover all the purple masks and get your first purple mask." She said. Lumine smiled and went out of the room with Chihiro.

Imagine living like a main Character mastering things in a turbo pace.... anyway, I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 1098.