A Letter To Master

In the darkness there is a dim candlelight shining like an ember. Lumine sat straightly by the table with a feather she "borrowed" from Tori.

Amber coloured light reflects on her face as she writes with the feather, a few pieces of the feather was seen on the table as she just carved out the pen tip.

Dear Master:

  Greetings, I hope I am not intruding your time. I recently found a few abnormalities during my mission.

Her highness, Lady Ayaka was attempted to be assassinated when I was by the lake. The assasin had a foreign look and was using a crossbow.

His highness however, Sir Ayato had found out about my identity. But he didn't exactly do much of anything about it. I am still in one piece. (Probably that's how I wrote the letter)

Moreover, there is a unknown lady who clinged onto him like there is no tomorrow. Is that supposed to be his fiancée?

Replies are highly needed Master.

Your subordinate,
Lumine.

Lumine did the final checking on the letter and rolled up the paper. She fed him a grab of seeds for it's reward for letting him borrow a feather from it's wing.

"Here Lumine, this is a specially trained pigeon, take it as your companion. Don't be afraid to write letters to us if you had any problems." The master said.

"But it's just a pigeon, what if wild animals ate them? Or a hunter killed them?" Lumine asked.

"Worry not Lumine, this pigeon is strictly trained. It flies very fast and can fight." Andou said.

"It can.... fight?" Lumine asked as her brain floated in an image of a bird holding a knife in it's beak.

"You don't have to be afraid of the pigeon being too weak. This pigeon is far more than just a normal one." Andou said.

"Noted sir." Lumine said. "Anything that happens just call out his name. He will always be near, hiding." Andou said.

"And his name is Xiao." Just kidding lol.

"Tori." Andou said and reached out his finger. The bird flew and landed on his finger intelligently.

"Whoa...." Lumine gasped. "Tori, remember to follow and protect Lumine from any harm." Andou said and the bird flies and lands on Lumine's shoulder.

"One more thing, how long does it take for it to deliver the messages?" Lumine asked. "A day or two." Andou said.

"Have a safe journey." Andou and the Master waved at Lumine as she left with her baggage.

Lumine gave the paper roll to the pigeon and it held it in it's mouth. "To sir Andou please." Lumine said and the pigeon flew out of the window.

It's shadow disappeared under the shimmering moonlight and Lumine blew out the candles.

Before the sun touches the sky, Lumine had already set up a brewing stand as the same flower was seen scattered on the table. Lumine wore gloves and safety glasses along with a mask.

She plucked a few petals and threw it into the boiling water, visible violet converged in the water. Despite how deadly it can be, it still appeared much nore pleasant than Ayato's "medicine".

Lumine took out the petals and dried it off. Tori flew in from the window and landed on Lumine's shoulder.

"Oh it's you Tori, any new letters?" Lumine asked and Tori flew to the table. He laid out a piece of paper in his mouth.

Lumine shuffled to the letter and looked at it.

Dear Lumine:

  I'm glad that you asked for our help, Master was very anxious about your non existence reports.

  They had made the first move, you have to be careful as your task is getting complicated by any second. You must keep her highness alive and complete the task as fast as possible.

  This task had been unfolded to the second danger stage. Now that his fiancée had visited, which meant that their wedding is coming at any time.

  All the best to you Lumine.

Your superior,
Sir Andou.

Lumine read the letter and nodded. "As they say, turn your enemies into your weapon. Borrow the knife to kill." Lumine said.

She poured the enzyme into a perfume bottle. "This is such a sly flower." Lumine said and closed the bottle.

"It has a irresistible fragrance, but a deadly toxin." Lumine said and gave it a spray on the grass. A few butterfly converged at the spot and died after a few moments.

"As long as I give this to the fiancée as a gift...."

The sound of Lumine's cackles reverberated through the garden.

Quiz time! How many Chinese quotes have I hid in this story? Revealing the answer in the next chapter. Anyway I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 796.