Red Masks

"What are you doing here?" Lumine asked. "Go on, tell her what you did." Aoki said and nudged him with her foot. "I'm so sorry!" Akito said and bent foward down, kneeling.

"What's wrong?" Lumine asked. "The culprit of your missing mask." Aoki said. "What?" Lumine widened her eyes in shock. "I was jealous of you levelling up so fast, I deeply apologise." Akito said.

Lumine looked at Akito disappointingly. "Please forgive me dear senior!" He said and a few tears fell to the ground. Lumine softened once she saw Akito's face are wet with tears.

"Okay okay, I forgive you." Lumine said and picked him up from the floor. "You have my gratitude.... and my apology." Akito said. "We all can get jealous sometimes, just promise me not to do that again." Lumine said.

Akito wiped away his tears and nodded. "Now that's my younger brother." Aoki said. "He's your.... BROTHER?!" Lumine exclaimed and Aoki nodded. "But you don't look alike." Lumine added.

"Our family history is a bit complicated." Aoki said. "I think you should go to the dojo now after you gotten back your mask." Aoki added.

"Wait, how did you even go to the trial without the mask?" Akito asked. "She used mine you dumbo." Aoki said. "It's a bit loose, but atleast it worked." Lumine said.

"Lumine!" A voice rang behind her. She turned her head and saw Kama. "Kama?" Lumine raised an eyebrow. "Where were you? My trainer is waiting for you in the dojo." Kama said and pulled Lumine.

Huh, I've never heard of a trainer wanted to see me so eagerly.

Lumine thought in her mind and Kama opened the door. "Sir, I brought her." Kama said. Lumine entered the room and looked down to see a petite figure wearing a red mask.

Such a young kid managed to be this high ranked...

Lumine was shocked. The kid raised his head and looked at Lumine. He didn't say anything and nodded while writing on the scroll.

"Oh, yes sir." Kama said and brought Lumine further. Lumine saw only 2 people were left on the dojo for her. The kid placed down the pen and looked at Lumine.

With just a snap of his finger, the bell chimed. "Huh? Wait! I'm not prepared yet!" Lumine exclaimed and they charged at her.

Lumine clumsily dodged a few attacks and squirmed away. "Are you sure it's fine?" Kama asked and was about to step foward to help Lumine. But the kid held out his arm and stopped Kama from doing so.

Lumine ran around the dojo and screamed. After a few moments, the bell chimed again, heralding the end of trial. The kid clapped and stood up from his seat.

"I am Andou." He said and held out his hand. "Huh? But I didn't unmask anyone." Lumine said. "My well trained apprentices aren't that easy to unmask, you managed to survive them is already impressive enough." He said.

"Oh... Glad to see you then." Lumine said and shook his hand.

"Who exactly is he?" Lumine asked as she walked side by side with Kama. "He is the youngest among the trainers, he is 10 this year. Don't get fooled by his innocent look, that's a way of how he assasinates people without a sound." He said.

"Oh my goodness...." Lumine stopped. "Yeah, boss' attention was placed on only him as he is the only red mask for now." Kama said. "What happened to the others?" Lumine asked.

Kama stayed silent. "You'll find out once you reached there." He said with a heavy tone. "What is it? Don't scare me!" Lumine said with a worried voice.

"The thing is.... I don't know too." Kama said and the atmosphere was filled with silent.

So what does the red mask do? I believe you already had something in mind. Anyway, I hope you liked this and have a great day. Word count: 655.