Days that were dark

Trigger warning: Blood (Again, watch at own risk.)

...

Ayaka struggled her eyes open as she heard chit chatting on the back ground. "Where is Lumine?" Ayaka asked. "She's in the dungeons." A maid said. "Why?!" Ayaka asked. "She was sentenced for attempting murder on you your highness." She said.

Ayaka gasped. "Did she not?" The maid asked. "No! You misunderstood!" Ayaka screamed and quickly got down from her bed. "Your highness wait! You need to rest!" The maid ran out to her.

It's a scheme! It's all a scheme!

Ayaka shoved people away, including the guards and reached Lumine. "Lumine! I'll get you out of here. I know you are falsely accused! I will reveal the truth for you!" Ayaka said as her tears poured down her face.

She exactly knew what will happen to them if they are sentenced for attempt murder on her.

The fiancée slapped away the cup and it fell to the floor. Tea spilled everywhere, but Lumine didn't pay attention to the tea, because she saw a person in the bushes with a kunai standing by.

"Wasn't it your duty to clean up the mess, peasant?" The fiancée asked.

Of course, she trying to distract me with that cup of tea so that he can throw that kunai at Lady Ayaka.

Lumine thought in her mind. She pretended to bend down to clean up the mess, and she grabbed the incoming kunai which is one nano meter close to Ayaka's head. Ayaka had a panick attack and fainted.

However Lumine's hand got in contact with the shaperned blade. Her hands were almost slit open, blood were seeping down and stained Ayaka's dress.

"Plan B." The assasin said after seeing Lumine successfully catching the knife.

There they had a doctor who worked for them, she took care of Ayaka's wound. She could have take the advantage to stab Ayaka, but people were watching.

She just faked Ayaka's injury and walked off.

"Don't worry Ayaka, I'm going to be fine." Lumine said.

"Ayaka."

It's that same voice again, he was revealed, after the shadows covered him. His eyes were empty and cold, staring at Lumine.

"Brother please! There must be a misunderstanding of this." Ayaka said. "Go back to your room, you should rest." Ayato said. "But...." "I'll try to resolve the misunderstanding." Ayato said.

"Okay..." Ayaka said. She trusted him. But as soon as she walked off, Ayato's face became colder than Dragonspine.

"I can die, but my sister can't." Ayato said and walked away. "Ayato wait!" Lumine reached her hands out of the bars.

Ayato stopped and turned to her. "Did you just call out my name?" He asked. Lumine rested her forehead on the bars. "I.... Yeah, but even though you are angry and wants to whip my skin off.... It's going to be done tomorrow." Lumine said.

Ayato didn't respond and walked off. The door shut was loud, and it echoed in the dungeons. Lumine sighed and slid her hands down the bars, dropping them on the floor.

"Tori...." Lumine called out one last time. The bird flew to Lumine and struggled it's way into the cell. "Can I give my last report to boss?" Lumine asked. The bird jumped to face Lumine with it's tail and flew out of the cell.

Lumine sighed and the bird flew back with a paper in it's beak and a lamp in it's claws.

"That's nice of you Tori." Lumine said. Tori went out again and brought her a knife in it's beak.

Huh, seems like it did looked like my imagination.

Quick flash back to the earlier episodes for those who forgot.

"It can.... fight?" Lumine asked as her brain floated in an image of a bird holding a knife in it's beak.

Lumine took the paper and cleared the ground. Tori cooperatively took a feather from it's left wing and gave it to Lumine.

"Thank you Tori." Lumine said and ran her fingers through it's feathers. "I don't have any seeds with me." Lumine smiled bitterly at her bird friend.

"I hope you're fine with it." Lumine said. She carved out the pen tip and slit open her finger. The crimson red blood squiggled out and she used it as her ink.

The bird stood beside her quietly as it watched Lumine using her own blood as ink. But Lumine doesn't blame Tori because it can't really carry an ink jar as a bird.

The letter dried and Lumine gave it to Tori. The bird held it in it's mouth and flew off the last time.

Oh no!!! Is there a plot twist? Read the next chapter then. >:) Anyway, I hope you liked this and have a great day! Word count: 788.