TWELVE. he was sunshine, i was midnight rain

SHILOH PICKED at her mashed potatoes as the loudness of her family, Mack, and Gina, all smile, talked, and just laughed as they ate

"So, yeah, I was discovered at a Chuck E. Cheese when I was only three years old." Mack smiled, "Being a celebrity has its perks. But it's also a big responsibility."

Shiloh's brother Weston slammed his fork onto the table, looking over at Mack. "But it's fun, isn't it?"

"Honestly, that's not the goal, little man." Mack answered, "Watching your sister go for it today reminded me that I need to keep pushing myself to be the very best at all times."

"Sounds like you've got it all figured out." Jonathan smiled.

"Oh, for sure." Mack smiled, "Sitcom star at ten, comeback role at seventeen. Emmys buzz at nineteen. Oscar disappointment at twenty-two. Married at twenty-five and twins by thirty."

"Speaking of disappointment..." Jonathan chuckled, "Where's Ricky, Shiloh?"

Shiloh glanced up from her plate to look over at Jonathan. She didn't bother to say anything as she shoved her fork in her mouth.

"I think what Jonathan is asking, is where is Ricky?" Her father, Joseph said, clearing his throat. "Thought he was coming over?"

"He's... away at the moment." Shiloh answered, "He- he really wanted to come."

"Has he run away again?" Jonathan asked.

"Do you have some sort of problem with him?" Shiloh rebutted, "Like, genuinely, what's your problem? I'm so, so sorry that my relationship isn't up to your very low standards."

The problem with Shiloh and her family is when someone went lower, they went lower.

"The day you realize I'm only looking out for you like I had to do with Dylan and EJ and you actually can find a guy who's willing to actually be here, you'll thank me."

Silence grew between everyone besides the mumbling of their younger siblings who didn't know and hadn't bother to care that their two oldest siblings had been arguing.