TWELVE. can i have this dance?

SHILOH WOKE up early that morning

SHILOH WOKE up early that morning. It wasn't for anything special, but she was stressed. After camp prom it would be the musical that could change all their lives and that type of pressure was something that she had experienced. But this was a new level of pressure.

She was the lead. She's never acted before and didn't even know what the wing of the stage was until Jenna explained it to her.

She didn't want to bother Ricky this early in the morning, so she hopped off her bunk, put on some beat up Converse, a hoodie she stole from Ricky, and left the cabin.

She grabbed a nearby soccer ball and made a makeshift net and began kicking the ball.

Shiloh had been playing soccer for years and couldn't tryout of the team with everything happening during the school year before. She'd be lucky if she could even tryout her last year.

This was one of her stress relievers. She found peace in kicking the soccer ball with however much force and knocking people to their feet with no repercussions whatsoever.

What she hadn't know was that Ricky had also been up early. His birthday was tomorrow and he had to finish his bucket list.

He held his bucket list in his hands as he marched to his destination, but paused when he caught sight of his girlfriend kicking a soccer ball against the wall.

Ricky watched with furrowed brows and admiration. He knew she'd played soccer, it was something she was also passionate about. Something that the internet couldn't take from her.

"You know" Ricky quickly turned and saw Dylan approaching, "she always hated when she missed a goal. It would piss her off so bad it was insane. It was almost funny."

Ricky only nodded and the two of them continued to watch the girl.

"I always called her SIM and it would make her so mad." Dylan chuckled, "But it got her to make goals, so I think I was helping in some way."

"SIM?" Ricky questioned.

"Yeah, like the video game. The Sims. She hates that. Watch." Dylan cupped his hands over his mouth, "Nice shot, SIM!"

Shiloh stopped the ball with her foot and turned slightly as she heard the damning nickname. She rolled her eyes and kicked the soccer ball into her hands.

She jogged over to the two boys, "Don't teach him things he doesn't need to know." She huffed.

Ricky smiled, pulling Shiloh close and kissing the top of her now very sweaty head.

He was still on the fence about Dylan, but he hadn't made any moves towards Shiloh. Truly, that didn't matter.

Shiloh smiled, "Are you guys excited for prom?"

"Yes, another dance where sweaty people are surrounding me with sweat." Dylan chuckled.

"And I have to finish my bucket list." Ricky smiled.