Chapter 3: The unexpected Yule-Ball proposal

The great hall wasn't clapping, It was covered in utter silence.

Harry was the first one to clap. Y/n was still thinking what the hat said. She turned to face Professor Dumbledore.

'Professor, The hat sorted me in the wrong place, I ought to be in Slytherin!'

'You're a Gryffindor miss Malfoy, and the table is this way..', Albus Dumbledore pointed to Y/n's right.

'But...', she walked closer to the table. 

'Y/n, sometimes, the hat takes the job of the matchmaker', Dumbledore said.  'It'll help you to find your love, maybe sometimes, soulmates...', he whispered. His blue eyes twinkled under his halfmoon spectacles.

'Okay sir...', Y/n said and turned to take a look at Draco. He was looking somewhere away, avoiding looking at Y/n. Theodore Nott had his hands in the cheek and was staring at Y/n unwavering. This bitch..

Y/n thought, Should I go to the gryffindor table?... What if I get disowned?... What if Onii chan never talks with me?.... She paved her way slowly to the Gryffindor table and she just noticed that The-boy-who-wasn't-unalived was waving at her.

'Uh. Hello', Y/n said awkwardly.

'Welcome to Gryffindor, Y/n', said Hermione, smiling?

'Thank you..', 

Harry pointed to the place beside him, indicating Y/n to sit there.

'Y/n Malfoy, nice to meet you...', Harry said. '--for the second time', he added clumsily.

'me too'

Harry's hair was a mess, his glasses were kinda crooked and his green eyes happier than any.

'Would you mind me getting your glasses?', Y/n said.

'Nope..', he removed it. 'Here'.

'It's crooked.', she said as she examined it. 

'I know', he said. Y/n looked up at him.

Y/n pulled the temple on the left side and tightened the hinges of the glass. 

'Here ', she gave it to Harry. 'It's better than before.. Whatdoyouthink?'

'You're a piece of cookie, aren't you?', Harry said.

'?', said Y/n's eyes

'That's what people call a sweet person like you..', he smirked.

'Enough.. Harry and Y/n... Professor Dumbledore is about to speak', Hermione warned.

Why the fuck is she getting so irritated!, y/n thought.

Dumbledore gave another boring speech-------------

TIME SKIP
TIME SKIPP
TIME SKIPPP!!!

It was a week before the yule ball. Y/n lost hope of going to the ball, because she's a first year. She had to wait for some boy to ask her out...

Y/n changed her robes into a sweatshirt and a pair of jeans. She was sitting on a bench, under the tree, her usual place to stay in the evening when she was free. She was having her sketch book and her costly graphite pencil in her hand, thinking of what to sketch. Her surroundings were dark, someone had blindfolded her.

'Harry?', Y/n asked, her heart jolted a bit.

'It's me Y/n, you do think Potter would be there around you always?...Just come with me for a while, alright?...', she heard Draco's voice.

'Draco, what the hell?', she questioned back.

'sush, little sis...'

Draco led her in a way. They reached it too soon, perhaps it wasn't that far.

'Where are we going?.. what's happening?', she asked.

'We're here... see for yourself', he removed her blindfold. 

And. Behold. The first thing she saw was Theodore Nott, Dressed formally

'Er... what's happening?', she said.

Theo without saying a word, knelt to the ground and revealed a bouquet hidden behind his back. It was not roses, but tulips. A sunset shaded bouquet of tulips, matching the scenery behind him...

'you, Y/n Malfoy, will go to the ball with me?', he said.

Y/n took a second for thinking. "THAT WAS TOTALLY UNEXPECTED!  THEODORE NOTT ASKED ME TO THE BALL, HELL YES , But , Harry?...If I say yes, I can go to the ball. If I say no, I have to wait for someone else, or spend the whole of christmas' night in the boring dormitory. If I say yes, I cannot hope for Harry to ask me. My parents are already disappointed and angry with me, If I go with Harry they'll probably disown me..."

'Yes', she said. 'I'd love to, Theo', she added a bit of formality.

'You got her Nott!', Draco said.'That's quite impossible!', he hugged Theodore.

'What do you mean Draco... Impossible?', Y/n said raising her eyebrow.

'Nothing Y/n..', he said.'You call me Onii chan right?'

'That was before you stopped talking to Gryffin-dorks and My friends', Y/n said sternly.

'Malfoy, don't make her get angry and storm off to her lions den!.. don't ruin my plan!', Theodore said.

'Plan?... you have other plans?!', Y/n said.

'Thanks for all your help, now please. please go...', said Nott. 'Resign your over-protective brother job for tonight... I'll take care of your little sister'.

'Alllllright... But--', Draco gave a bombastic side-eye.

'I can take care of myself, thanks to both of you', said Y/n.

Theodore gave a 'please' look at Draco.'Fine, I'll go...but Y/n you should go to your dorm before 9', he said.

Y/n sighed. 'Fineeee', before Draco could open his mouth for the next advice, 'Bye Draco!', she said.

Draco left reluctantly. Theodore Nott faced Y/n. Y/n was much shorter than him obviously. Theo's cold grey eyes met Y/n's E/c ones.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx