Chapter 39: Can we expect a reunion?

She stepped out of the fireplace and re-examined her right forearm where Voldemort "tried" to print the Dark Mark, nothing except a small line which looked more like a burn and most likely looked like a remembrance of the day in which "she had fooled the Dark Lord himself"

She knew Harry was in Dumbledore's office, and they were both discussing something as if they were in the middle of a History of Magic class but she never knew he liked History after earning a fail grade in that. But she ignored that.

'Y/n?', Dumbledore called. 'I hope you're safe now'

'More than safe inside Hogwarts, Professor', Y/n replied enthusiastically, brushing her dress. She didn't think that Hogwarts was safe after hearing a couple of stories from Hermione about their first three years and the Triwizard tournament year. Nope, Hogwarts is never  the safest place, but it was the most  comforting place. 

'You will definitely want to hear what I did to my abductor---ouch!', The pain in her ankle stirred up like something hot was poured into her talus. She quickly dropped down, and Harry panicked. Like hell.

'You okay?', Harry asked. 'No you're not... Where is it paining? Is it in your ankle or your feet? perhaps, toes?', he guessed, and knelt down, near Y/n. When he tried to touch her, she winced and tried to stand up.

'I don't need you to... care',she said, avoiding cussing in front of their headmaster. 'I can manage, woah!'

If you think that Harry would catch a falling Y/n, totally wrong, because this time Y/n fell down and her ankle... well kind of broke and the bone stood straight under her skin. She sat up, wincing in pain.

'Looks like your ankle is broken', said Dumbledore. 

'Yes Professor, I think it's kind of... dislocated', Y/n nodded. 'And aching like hell', she said managing a smile which tried to cover her pain.

'Madam Pomfrey could fix that... she could even regrow bones, never gonna lie', Harry said.

Y/n wanted to say, No one asked you, but that sounded so rude and so Malfoy-coded. Instead she said, 'Oh thanks, but not helping', which Y/n thought was awfully similar to the previous sentence, but a little nicer.

'Y/n', Dumbledore called her again. 'I prefer you will be needing some special classes too, I will send a letter to  you about the day and time'

'Like History of Magic and Potions?', Y/n grimaced. 'Professor, sorry but I had enough of portions already'

'Not the ones you learn already', Dumbledore assured her. 'This will be far more better, interesting and useful ', he emphasized on the word "Useful", though Y/n didn't really understand what it meant.

'Okay, Professor', Y/n nodded. 'I'll be here on your word'

'Very well then', Dumbledore smiled calmly. 'It's already time, and Oh! Harry will help you to the hospital wing, won't you Harry?'

'Of course, Professor!', his voice showed enthusiasm, but his face which Y/n saw pretty much had no interest. But she knew he was probably trying to hide them all, as for Y/n, she will punch him on the nose if necessary.

'Well, what are we waiting for?', he prompted. 'Get her and go before her ankle gets even worse'

Harry nodded, and helped Y/n to her feet after a couple of stumbling and slipping, both of them made it out of the office. Harry's hand in Y/n's waist, her hand on his shoulder, striving for support, although she hated Harry, she liked his touch, which was something un-explainable. They climbed down the stairs.

'Ouch, ouch, ouch', Y/n repeated in every step she took.

'Who kidnapped you?', Harry asked.

'Ouch,' she repeated, not wanting to answer. 'Ouch'

'It's Voldemort, isn't it?', he prompted.

'Ouch, ouch... Ouch!'

'What did he do to you?', he asked. 'He gave you the dark mark, didn't he?'

'Shut up, Potter', Y/n snapped. 'I need to get to the Hospital wing before I break my other ankle--Ouch!'

'That's five floors below us', he said. 'We're on the seventh floor, and the wing is in the first.... I'm not sure you'll be able to get on your own with your leg like this'

FIVE FUCKING FLOORS DOWN?, Y/n cursed inside her. Why does that have to be that far? And the only way there is "Taking the stairs" no apparition inside the grounds.

'I'm sorry', he said. Y/n looked at him, he was a lot taller than her and when they first met each other. 'I shouldn't have told you that it's five floors down, It must've discouraged you'

That's it?! He wanted to say sorry for only that? He was apologizing for something so silly? Oh Godric, I hate the fact that this guy is your freaking descendant, Y/n thought. 

'You know what, that's not even a deal, you've got... a really big list of things to apologize', Y/n reminded him. 'Ouch', she added.

'I know, Y/n', he sighed. 'I know I've made mistakes. So have you. Mistakes which can't be corrected, but you know what... If we get together again, we might both fix them together, that's what we can do'

'You're right', Y/n agreed. 'But you kissed Chang, you like her better, and We're totally different like she's pretty, a good quidditch player, and---'

'Just swallow that next line, do tell me anything', he insisted. 'Yeah, she is pretty.... but you're gorgeous'

'What?', Y/n met his eyes, again.

'You should know what she asked me when we went on a date', he said, but Y/n was pretty much irritated. 'She was asking about Cedric, y'know right, I told you about his ghost and everything.... she asked whether Cedric asked about her in his last words, what would you expect me to say?'

'She's a bitch?', Y/n said uncertainly and grimaced, and stopped moving, they were on the sixth floor right now.

'That is what I was trying to convey to you in about three to four sentences', He nodded and managed a weak smile. 

'What else did she do?', Y/n asked.

'Before we go to the whole Cho-is-a-dumb-theory ', he paused. 'Let's get to you... you were dating Riddle, weren't you?' 

'No', she said. But her mind kept raging about her arranged marriage in four years straight with Mattheo Riddle, and her mother never cared to tell her about that, her stomach churned on the thought of marrying Mattheo, she'd never do that. 'They lured me into that, Umbridge did that, she tried something with me'

'With us', Harry corrected. 'But Umbrige is gone for good'

'Yep, good riddance', Y/n nodded.

'So, are we good?', Harry nudged her shoulder.

'What?'

'Are we... together again?'

-------------------------------------------------------