009.

' TUES, NOVEMBER 13TH 1994. '
jasmine's residence ⸻
los angeles , california !

     I TRY TO RUB THE TIREDNESS OFF MY FACE only to no a brail, I've been crying endlessly these past days and now I'm due to go back home to my apartment just as Darnell promised. I sit on the couch, as I lean down to zip up the suitcase of clothes and items I've been using these past few weeks.

I'm not sure if it's my hormones, but this situation has hit me way harder than I thought it would, so much that I haven't slept much and when you add that fact with my pregnancy symptoms it's literal hell. I exhale tiredly as I finish with packing up my stuff, Jasmine walks into the room and smiles at me comfortingly. I force a smile back one that's not genuine and she notices so, sighing deeply.

"You'll be okay Nai, if anything I'll always be here." She reminds me. Her usual words make me smile and nod. "I know that."

Seems like things in my life can never go my way, all because of my stupid decisions that always bite me back.

I walk into the apartment complex's car parking, my hand holding onto the handle of my suitcase as the morning winds hits against my face. I sigh tiredly as I wait for Darnell's car to show up for the ride home.

I don't know how I'm going to reveal my pregnancy to him or whether or not he'll accept it or reject it just as Tupac did; The thought eats me up inside and makes the baggage on my back seem to weigh deeper against my weak body.

Tupac and I haven't talked to one another ever since our last call, I can't bring myself to call him, yet I secretly wish he'll call me back apologizing. I'm hurt about everything, and now I can't help but run back to my boyfriend's arms.

I glance around the parking spot to see if I'd notice any cars that reassemble Darnell's. His car normally sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest due to it's deep red color so I know I won't have to search for long. My pager beside me beeps and I gaze down at it, to only recognize it as his. He must be here already and I've never been more desperate to go home.

I squint as I glance down the parking lot, noticing a figure in the distance that leans against the back of a vehicle. I walk towards them, rolling my suitcase against the roughness of the granite ground. When I notice Darnell, a smile forms upon my lips that he returns instantly.

My feet fasten as I approach him quicker, my eyes tearing a little as my heart sores. His arms widen and he pulls me into an embrace that I don't hesitate to accept, holding him for a moment as I weep within his arms. I feel him tense up against me, confused at my sudden splurge of emotions.

"I missed you so much." I tell him, his hand pats against my back comfortably and I cry myself out. He pulls away from the hug, his hands remaining around my waist as he gazes down at me confused. "Why you cryin', shit you couldn't have missed me that much." He jokes, his fingers coming to wipe away a few of my tears. I sulk. "There's so much going on in my mind." I tell him and he furrows his brows curiously.

I shouldn't have gotten with Tupac, I regret it more than anything else. Seeing how much Darnell appreciates me over him makes my heart ache. If there's anyone he'll accept my pregnancy even though there's a high possibility he's not the father over Tupac, who rejected me over a phone call.