049.

' FRI , FEB 28TH 1996. '
38th annual grammy's ⸻
los angeles , california !

IT'S THE NIGHT OF THE 38th ANNUAL GRAMMYS and I find myself excited with the rest of the styling team as we set up for styling TLC in a hotel room that'd been set up to get them ready for the night.

I watch as everyone gets ready, makeup artists getting their equipment out and stylists bringing in racks of clothing for the special event, it's my first time leading the styling with TLC's team and I have little expectations but I can't deny my excitement.

"You must be Sanai right?" A voice asks me, I turn around to notice a white woman who smiles and me endearingly, I return the smile with a nod as she reaches out a hand to shake mine, "We're a part of the styling team for TLC and we got your sketches . . we made the outfits as best as we could."

She points towards the clothes and I hum in understanding noticing the colors and the materials I picked out, I smile pleased. "It looks good from here." I compliment in thankfulness the woman smiles brightly.

"My name is Amy, we got Michael and some others on the makeup and Robert on the styling . . obviously you Sanai can find yourself comfortable at any station since you the lead stylist for this event." She instructs and I nod my head as I glance around the room.

The hotel room is spacious but filled with activity as everyone manages to fit inside the space after rearranging and moving aside the furniture to create space for the members to fit in comfortably.

Filled with warm hues and lighting, burgundy wooden accents and large windows the hotel space is undeniably luxurious and with the hustle in the room for preparations, I can't help but feel as if I'm experiencing a true Hollywood moment.

I turn around to be met with Michael who smiles at me holding a pallet in his hand, "You tired?" He asks me tilting his head noticing the fact I'd been zoned out, I shake my head. "I'm good just thinking."

He laughs and nods his head finding me relatable, "It's a lot to take in, isn't it?" I walk towards him and notice all the ranges of makeup they'd set out on the table, various makeup brands many expensive.

"How long have you been working for TLC?" I ask him curiously, he thinks for a moment blinking off into the distance and it's then I assume he'd been working for a long time, "Maybe 4 years, I've been with them since 1992." He finishes.

My eyes widen in awe and respect, "So you've been working with them for years." I repeat and he hums with a smile, leaning against the table. "Yeah, been with them for years . . One of our styling team members dropped out last minute so we've been struggling and there's label issues here and there, but you helping us out is really sweet."

"It's nothing," I say shaking my head hands out, feeling a sense of camaraderie building. "I'm just excited to be here." Michael nods, smiling.

I glance around the room, taking in the organized chaos. "Do you get nervous before big events like this?" I ask, genuinely curious. Michael chuckles. "Every single time. But it's a good kind of nervous. It keeps you sharp, you know?"

I nod in agreement. "Yeah, I get that."

"Exactly," he says, giving me a knowing look. "And tonight is going to be amazing. TLC always brings it plus it's the Grammy Awards, who wouldn't be a bit nervous."