045.

𝖳𝖶𝖮 𝖬𝖮𝖭𝖳𝖧𝖲 𝖫𝖠𝖳𝖤𝖱 . .

' THURS , FEB 18TH 1996

' THURS , FEB 18TH 1996. '
deathrow headquarters ⸻
los angeles , california !

     ONCE AGAIN I FIND MYSELF IN THE DEATHROW RECORDS OFFICE , sitting behind the office desk of Suge Knight twirling my seat side to side as I sigh, working under the same label as Tupac hasn't been easy, purposely not visiting often to avoid the sight of him and even though I'd been taking care of Zahir the majority of the time, I'd purposely asked for a better job under the label, at least a better occupation.

There was a lot going on at Deathrow, Dr. Dre had decided to part ways from Deathrow and Tupac's album 'All Eyez On Me' had been released a few days ago, receiving great success and radio play despite his hostile image, everywhere in the Deathrow office had his face plastered onto the walls, posters and records, it was tiring that I couldn't escape him and the buzz that followed his name.

I hadn't seen his face neither had he seen Zahir, it felt wrong to distance my son from his own father and I knew that seen legal issues would begin to arise, but it wasn't something I planned to do permanently, but something I wanted to do until I felt ready to co-parent.

But that wasn't anytime soon, I was still hurting and hearing his voice on the radio did nothing but re-open wounds I was trying to heal.

Snoop's recent headlining court case had concluded with him being found as not guilty, the clear stress surrounding the case was intense and towards the sentencing the air in the headquarters office seemed to run thick, but when he was found as non-guilty a clear celebratory energy filled everyone.

Suge's eyes meet mine as he sits down behind his desk, waiting expectantly for me to begin to speak, I release a sigh as I adjust myself in the seat to feel more comfortable before I begin, "I want a better job option under Deathrow, I understand that my job as a stylist and makeup artist is limited since there aren't many active female artists, but if you could get me deals in the industry, I'd appreciate it."

Suge leans back in his chair, his gaze thoughtful as he considers my request finding my confidence to ask for arrangements amusing. "I hear you, Sanai," he says, his voice deep and measured before his eyes meet mine feigning hurt. "You not happy with what I got put for you under the label?"

I shake my head, meeting Suge's gaze with determination. "Not anymore, I mean I'm grateful of course I appreciate what you've done for me, but since I'm not seeing Tupac anymore I'd like it more if I did stuff outside of the label, I don't want to be tied alongside him." I admit, folding my arms as I lean back into my chair meeting his eyes.