3

Hunter and Brian's friends ^

______

All rights reserved

No part of this story or any of its contents can be reproduced, modified, copied, or adapted without any prior written consent of the writer/author.

_______

After mine and Logan's talk at the end of class, I walked to English since and had asked Logan why he wasn't going when I saw him walk the other way, he just told me that he was getting something from his locker and he'd see me in class to which I just nodded my head to and walked to class on my own. Upon entering, I feel eyes on me and look up to see Lana and her friends throwing death glares my way and Molly seating by our usual seats. I sigh and walk over to my seat and sit down, pulling my English binder and notebook out and place them both on my desk before turning to Molly who hasn't stopped staring.

"I forgive you and the others for telling me that I'm stupid" I said before turning to the front to where Mr. Richards was talking about the chapter we read for homework. I spoke with my counselor and I was switching classes tomorrow so this was my last day here. It's going to suck since I won't see Logan or Molly every day other than in Maths, homeroom or Science. Logan was a senior like Brian and the majority of my friends, so it was safe to say that in a few months, he would be graduating high school with my brother.

Just thinking about my brother brought a damper to my mood, this morning I over him and my mom talking about how he had joined the military and that he was going to Florida for boot camp a week after his graduation. I didn't want him to leave, he wasn't just my brother but also my dad and Knowing that he was leaving hurt a lot. He wasn't even going to tell me that he joined, he was going make up a story that he was accepted to Florida State University on a football scholarship just to ovoid hurting me, but what he didn't about was that he'd be hurting me more with his lies.

"What's with the frown?" I jumped at the sound of Molly's voice whispering in my ear and looked over to see her giving me a worried look

"Nothing, just remembered something, don't worry about it" I murmured making her nod her head. Class went by slow and the more the teacher talked the more I wanted to get out of here and run to the bathroom to cry. I know in History class Mrs. Lawrence will be talking about WW1 and whatnot which will only put me down more. I could feel my eyes begin to sting with unshed tears as I thought about having to see my brother leave to go train before he gets deployed to Iraq, maybe even Afghanistan.

"Hey, what's the matter?" i heard a whisper say to my left and looked to see Logan with worried eyes

"N-nothing" I mumbled sniffling

"It's not nothing Hunter" He murmured before telling the teacher that he was taking me to the nurse's office saying that I wasn't feeling well to which Mr. Richards nodded. We walked out class, Logan carrying both our backpacks over his shoulder and one arm around my waist leading me out, I could feel eyes burning on my back but I gave them no mind as right now I was hurt that Brian didn't tell me about his plans of joining the Armed Forces after high school.

"Can you tell me now what has you upset?" He whispered walking into an empty class room. Tears were still rolling down my cheeks and I know my nose was red from me rubbing it but I didn't care, nor did I care that I was crying in front of Logan, whom I just befriended again.

"M-my brother....he's jo-joining the military in 7 months an-and he di-didn't tell me"I whimpered and I felt his arms go around my waist before I was pulled into his strong chest

"Shh, it's going to be alright Hunter. I'm sure he was going to tell you eventually" He whispered but I shook my head

"N-no h-he wa-wasn't h-he wa-was go-going to lie saying he got into Florida State on a football scholarship instead of telling me that he was going to Florida for boot camp" I said and then I was on full blown sob mood and I thought Logan was going to push me away and tell me that I was a cry baby but all he did was hold me and whispered in my ear that everything was going to be OK and that he was here for me. I just held onto him and cried to the point of exhaustion.

"Hunter?" I heard Brian's voice question as the bathroom door opened and looked over to see him and Johnny standing there looking confused and worried.

"What's wrong bud?" he asked but I just shook my head and buried my face deeper, if that were possible, in Logan's shirt while his arms just held me tighter, as if he were protecting me from the world.

"Logan?" Brian asked

"He's alright" Logan replied

"Then why is he crying?" Johnny questioned confusion clear in his voice

"Brian should know the answer as it does involve him going to Florida" I muttered moving away with a sniffle and looked at the two at door and Brian gave me a confused look before his eyes widened

"I...Hunter" he whispered teas in his eyes when he caught on what I was saying

"You heard didn't you?" he asked voice small, I just nodded my head a set of new tears filled my eyes

"Can you leave us alone for a few?" Brian questioned and both Logan and Johnny nodded leaving us in the bathroom

"Come here kiddo" Brian said holding his arms out for me, I ran to them and buried my face in his chest and cried and all he did was hold me promising that nothing was going to happen and that we still has 7 months until he has to go to training.

"I don't you to go, Bri" I whimpered, my body shaking with my sobs

"It's going to be OK, Hunter, I swear, it'll be OK" he murmured kissing my forehead

"You're the only one that ever cares about me. Mom is barely home and Dad walked on us when I was 6 and now you're leaving me" I whimpered

"I will call whenever I can, I'll write every day and you'll see me when I get back" He said

"That's nothing compared to having my big brother and the only Father, that I ever had around Brian" I said pulling back and staring up at him with tears still falling from my eyes, he gave me a sad smile and wiped my tears away

"You'll still have me, Hunter. I'm going to be here for 7 more months" He tried to reason

"YOU'RE LEAVING ME BRIAN. I'M GOING TO BE ON MY OWN" I yelled

"Mom's going to be there, you have the twins, our friends,both old and new. Logan is going to be there" He soothed trying to pull me back to him but I pushed him away

"You're just like Dad, and Chris. You promised you'd never hurt me and that's exactly what you did" I whispered

"Hunter, I didn't mean to hurt you. I know that if I told you what I was going to do, that you'd beg me not do go and I can't. I know that I should've told you when I got the call from my commander two days ago but I just couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to tell you that I joined the Army because you'd think that I didn't care about you and that I wanted to get away from you but that's not it Hunter. I did it because it had always been my dream about joining the Army. Please understand that I never meant to hurt you" He pleaded, tears of his own falling from his green eyes.

"Wh-what if you die? What if I never see you again?" I asked

"I won't, I know I can't make that promise but I won't die and you'll see me again. I will do Skype calls, and I will be back on holidays and maybe even before that. I promise you won't lose me. I'll always be your brother, and the only father you'll ever have" he said and I just nodded allowing him to pull me back to his strong arms and bring us to the ground, with me on his lap while one hand rubbed my back and the other ran through my hair and all the while, he murmured promises that he won't leave me. I don't want to lose him, he'd the only parent that ever stuck by me even if he was only my brother.

A/N SO THIS CHAPTER WAS A BIT EMOTIONAL I THINK?....WELL ANY WHO I HOPE YOU LIKE IT, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ARE BY PUTTING THEM IN TEH COMMENTS BELOW.....WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT BRIAN JOINING THE ARMY AND NOT TELLING HUNTER ABOUT IT? SHOULD HE HAVE COME CLEAN BEFORE HUNTER FOUND OUT ON HIS OWN? WHAT DO THINK WILL HAPPEN IN THE NEXT CHAPTER? THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT AND REMEMBER I LOVE YOU <3

HUGS AND KISSES

-Cx