Chapter 23: Worries

"so, let me get this straight. You dreamt that Mondstadt was destroyed, and you were in Master's body?" Heizou shortened his long story.

"Yep, basically" Kuni confirmed this short version of his story.

"What does it mean? Is it a message of some sort?" Heizou put his hand under his chin.

"Come on now, don't hurt your head even more by thinking such complicating things" Kazuha patted Heizou on the head.

"Oh, yea where did you get the wound anyway?" Kuni asked.

"He tried to walk on the water after seeing you do it countless times but somehow he couldn't and hit his head on the stone table" Kazuha answered for Heizou.

"Umm..." Kuni was about to laugh at him and insult him but Heizou put a finger up. "Shut." Heizou said.

"Where were you anyway? You didn't come home last night." Kazuha asked. Kuni blushed.

He rubbed his head. "... with Childe"

"Oh? The ginger?" Heizou asked. Ginger? Well, Childe is ginger.

"Yea...?" That came out more as a question than an answer honestly. "I didn't know he was visiting."

"Wait, why are there bruises and bite marks on your neck?" Heizou asked. Kuni froze and became a tomato.

"NO REASON!!" He bursts. Heizou flinched. "Damn, ok."

"Anyway, you are the official face whenever master is not around, yes?" Kazuha asked. Kuni nodded slowly.

"Then you might want to go calm down the people in the city" Kuni tilted his head to the side. "Why? What's wrong?"

"What's wrong is that the winds has been a lot more aggressive and the people are panicking on why." Heizou answered.

"But I don't feel anything?" He was confused.

"Hun, you aren't mortal" Heizou looked at him as if saying 'are you stupid?'

"Perhaps...." he thought and sighed. "Fine, I'll go later."

"Not later! Now!" Kazuha pushed his body to the door. "Hey, wait! I'm not ready!"

"No need for preparations! Let's go!"

______

"My Guardians! Please tell us what is going on with Mondstadt!"

"Why is the wind so aggressive all of a sudden?"

"Please!"

"Calm down, please!" Kuni tried to calm the people down. "I'm sure whatever is happening must have a reasonable and logical explanation!"

"But what is causing it?" One of the people asked.

"It is yet to be known" Heizou stated with crossed arms.

"Worry not, dear people of Mondstadt. We will do everything in our power to get to the bottom of this!" Kazuha joined with a comforting smile.

Whispers was heard.

"Can we really trust them?"

"They only ever protect the land of Mondstadt when it's situation of life and death"

"I doubt they are going to do anything."

Kuni was nervous. What would his Master do? Calm them? Scold them? Behead them- wait what? No!

"Hey now, don't put more stress on them!" A familiar voice suddenly interrupted.

Kuni perked up at the voice. He's here!