12. Talking*

Emily's POV

I was nervous, i was beyond nervous. Honestly, i was a mess. Three guys who i had feelings for, some longer than others, were standing either in front of me or sat next to me on the sofa.

Damien, like most days, sat next to me. He looked concerned but he was still trying to smile which was sweet. Grayson was stood in front of me, looking down at me. If i wasn't so scared his stance alone would make me feel some type of way. Hugo was also stood up, but he wore a softer look and his arms weren't folded on his front, they were in his trouser pockets.

When they came to my work, it was clear that they cared about me. However, i was scared that it was more of a friendly reaction then a loving one.

As we sat on the sofa in their apartment, i couldn't help think of Angelina's words. 'Dating all three is what sluts do' 'You whore' 'Sluts like you are the reason I'm single'

Tears welled in my eyes as i remembered her snappy tone, her harsh words and her menacing gaze as she spoke to me in the staff room. I began to fidget on the sofa when a large hand covered my own, when i looked up, Grayson was now crouched. His angry face was long gone, replaced by a softer look, still a scowl but a nicer one.

"Who upset you?" He asked a dark undertone lacing his voice.

"A-Angelina" I whispered, not wanting to cry over her, or cry in front of the guys. I wanted to be tough.

"Who?" Hugo said questioningly, raising an eyebrow at this mention on Angelina.

"Wait. You don't know her?" I said, looking up at him. "She seemed to know you"

"She did?" He asked, now sitting next to me.

As he sat, his arm snaked around my shoulder, he pulled me in to him rubbing small circles with his thumb. I gladly hugged him back, my shoulder resting against his chest as hebout his chin in top if my head.

With Grayson kneeling in front of me, his larger hand rested on my knee. Albeit a small gesture, it was sweet and comforting, especially from someone like Grayson.

"Yeah" I breathed, trying to remember what she said to me with the most accuracy, i didn't want to say things that weren't true.

"She said i can't have you guys, especially not," I sighed, "well, you" i pointed at Hugo who wore an adorable confused look, his head was slightly tilted and he looked like a puppy.

"Can't have?" Damien asked as he got up from the sofa.

I watched nervously as he walked to the cupboard, pulling out a large glass and gilling it with water. I giggled as he spilt some on the floor, groaning as he walked back towards me. He handed me the drink which i took thankfully and watched him out of my peripheral vision sit back down beside me.

"Yup" I said taking a long sip of my drink. I was really nervous about going in to detail and i thought they would hate me.

"You can't have us?" Hugo asked, lifting my head off of his chest, making me look at him as we talked.

Grayson took my drink away and placed it on the floor beside him, "Elaborate" He ordered.

I shook my head, i didnt want to annoy him but i also didn't want to 'elaborate' either. I really liked the guys, whether they felt the same or not.

So i did it, i bit the bullet "I like all of you, but Angelina said i couldn't have you. That i would be a whore and a slut"

I spoke quickly, looking down in shame as the room fell quiet. How could i be so stupid? Tears welled in my eyes as i continued to look at the floor, embarrassment filling me.