34. Alone

Emily's POV

My body shook as I lent against the wall of the basement. I was cold and hungry, my face hurt, and I hadn't slept well in so long.

I tried my best to sit up, but I ached a lot. The cuts that littered my body stung and split at the slightest of movements.

The cut on my face was the worst. Although it was a clean cut, it wasn't healing well. It split open in places as I moved my mouth.

Multiple cuts had appeared overnight as I was attacked once again by Angelina. The bruises I had obtained after each hit littered my body, some bigger than the palm of my hand.

One bruise on my body worried my more than the others. It was huge, almost black, and it felt lumpy to the touch. It was just under my left boob. After trying to move, I self diagnosed that it was a broken rib that was still inside me.

My ankle was most definitely broken after Angelina hit me with a metal pole when the phone call ended. She knew I was trying to get their attention, and it worked.

The scream that came from my chest that time made me scream even more, ripping open my mouth wound at the side and causing my ribs to hurt even more.

Now she had me gagged even more, the harsh fabric rubbing on my face.

As I looked at my broken and beaten down body, I couldn't help but feel weak. I hated that feeling. I wasn't meant to be weak, I was meant to be at home, unbroken, and with my guys.

I wonder where they are now. As much as Angelina found great joy in telling me that they were not looking for me and that they didn't care that I was gone, I knew she was wrong.

Tears fell down my face as I thought about how worried about me they must be. They must be doing everything to find me, I imagined them recruiting everyone they could find. Piper joining them on the hunt.

I thought about Hugo, how he may be coping at work, going to Harmony Enterprises, and not seeing me at the front desk to greet him.

His bright smile and dark chocolate eyes always made me feel at home. The way he was always so smart and well groomed but could be laid back at the same time.

I missed his smell, the way he would hold me. It hurt me so deeply to think that I wouldn't get to feel it again, with either of them.

I always loved how protective he was of me, I just wish he had been a bit quicker he may have gotten to me first.

I let my mind wander to Grayson. He had just begun to let me in, to start breaking down the walls he had put up.

Grayson had always fascinated me. His dark, mysterious, closed off personality only made me want him more. The deepness of his voice made me shudder and swoon at the same time, I could listen to it forever.

And Damien. I was closest to him. We had spent most of our lives together. He never failed to make me laugh in tense or sad moments.

He had been a shoulder to cry on for so many years, when he was local, and this was one of those moments when i needed him most.

I struggled to imagine life without him without any of them. And now, I was afraid I would have to. I tried my hardest to push down the sad thoughts of being alone and unloved.

"I miss you," I spoke out to the open air.

My whisper fell of dear ears. I knew no reply would come, but I small part of me wished they would reply, even in my head.

"I really miss you." My voice cracked as I spoke again.

My shoulders shook as I cried, tears stung my eyes as I cried hard. The salty tears burned my skin as I cried, leaking into my sore cuts. Loud sobs came from my lips, the pain becoming unbearable as it worsened.

Sobs echoed the room as I cried uncontrollably.

"I want to go home," I whispered through tears.

"I wish I was still at home," I whispered again, talking to myself.

I can't imagine why anyone would do this to another person. I was a kind person, I didn't have people that I hated or that hated me. Angelina is the exception.

As i gazed around the room, my gaze locked on the door that she used when visiting me. She hadn't come in for days, my suspicion: I was being punished for my 'outburst' when she last visited.

"I hate you"