35. Weak

Emily's POV

This was it.

I had nothing left in me. No fight, no food, no feelings, just an empty shell of a human. My body shook from lack of sleep or energy. My wounds were huge and unhealing as I sat in the same position day after day.

I was frightened to see what my waist looked like under this rope after so long. It rubbed at me with every breath I took and every small move I made.

I was currently stuck in what I called 'the mermaid'. I was proving myself up on my good arm, my legs sort of outstretched on the blanket she left me on.

The blanket that was now stained even more.

I had regrettably left blood stains on it from my recent attempts at getting up. From getting more comfortable here.

Shaking, my arm stayed in an upright position; I didn't want to dirty that blanket further. She might be mad at me for making it unclean. 

Just sitting here exhausted me. The endless nights crying stopped me from sleeping. Also, the fear of Angelina coming back kept me on edge at all times.

The days were beginning to mold together as I sat here, rotting away.

Every so often, my mind wandered to what Grayson, Hugo, and Damien may be doing as I lay here. I prayed that they were close and prayed that I would still be alive as they found me.

Every sound alerted me: a car going past, a loud voice, someone was playing music a few days ago. The music was nice. It made me occupy my mind with something else other than where I really was.

I had closed my eyes and imagined myself at a party, a big garden celebration with everyone I knew. The lights were bright, and the ground jumped along with the loud bass.

It was heavenly.

Speaking of heavenly, Angelina's last visit felt like weeks ago. In fact, i have reason to believe it has been at least 4 days. My stomach seems to agree with me, and so do my wounds.

The last time I got a listen at her voice, it was when she was shouting at me. I think I may have forgotten what she sounds like. When I think of her voice, I get nothing.

Hopefully, i will get out of here without hearing it again.

"Emily"

Shit.

Angelina's shrill voice echoed through the room, although she hadn't entered yet.

I looked up at the source of the voice, but I found nothing. All I could see was the blackness of the room.

"You look tired," a different voice commented. This voice also came from the same place as Angelina's.

I made a noice of confusion, my voice wobbly from lack of use.

Angelina laughed as she spoke again, "I have someone who wants to meet you."

Oh no. This can't be good.

A crackling sound mimicked the end of a recording, which came from the corner and returned me to silence. Water dripped from the pipes in an awkward attempt to fill the air.

I looked around the room nervously, sweat starting to bead on my forehead.

"Emily," a sing-song voice came.

My eyes locked on the door.

Angelina was the first to appear from behind the door. A shiver ran down my spine from the smile she was wearing.

As always, her looked showed pride and evil. It was not a good mix.

"Stand up." She snarled, pointing at me with her finger.

My body screamed at me as I moved to stand up. The rope around my waist pulled me down as I got up onto my knees.

"I can't," I begged.

I got no response. I saw from the corner of my eye that she was still staring at me, waiting for me to obey her recent order.

The silence grew louder as I closed my eyes, trying to regain some strength.

I stood up slowly, groaning as I got to my feet. A shaky breath came from my lips as I wobbled a bit. I can't remember when I stood up last, especially with the lack of food, I was a little dizzy.

"You can."

A new voice grabbed my attention, a voice that was lower and had an accent. Too dizzy to process what accent, I just looked at the door, where Angelina had a friend.

The woman had long hair that cascaded down her shoulders. She didn't look very tall, but she definitely carried herself a foot taller than she was. Her clothes were awfully small and looked two sizes too small for her. I wasn't the one to tell her.

"Do you remember my little story?" Angelina taunted, both of them stepping towards me.

"Y-yes," I whispered. I tried closing my eyes, a poor attempt to aid my dizziness.

"Was I the star?" The voice asked, laughing.

Angelina answered her first, "Of course, I told her all about you. Tori".

My eyes snapped open, my head tilting to one side as I adjusted to the light.

"I see I have an effect on someone." She laughed, "I have the same effect on Grayson. How is he, by the way?"

I shook my head. I wasn't going to tell her. She had no right to know how he was getting better, all thanks to me. How he was talking more and how much he loved me after not being able to recover from her.

She deserved nothing.

"How. Is. He?" She asked again.

I heard her step forward, but I stood my ground.

Before I heard the sound, I landed on the floor. I clamped my eyes shut as I landed on the concrete, no blanket to break my fall.

The laughter was drowned out by my cries. "I'm n-not saying a-anything"

I spoke angry words, but my voice cracked, not convincing them of my anger.

"You. Will. Tell. Me." Angelina spat.

Her voice was quickly echoed by Tori's. "I need to know."

This time, my head shook on its own.

I heard Tori let out a deep breath and whisper something in Angelina's ear.

"You have until I count to 5. To tell us, or we'll get it out of you anyway." Angelina spoke to me.

Gulping, I stood my ground. They didn't get to know how they were doing. Not Grayson, not Hugo, not Damien.

"5"

I shut my eyes even tighter, to the point of hurt.

"4"

I tiled my head away from them, preparing for the worst.

"3"

The sound of metal clanking filled the room.

"2"

One of them cracked their knuckles.

"1"

Two high-pitched laughs came from them. Each laugh sounds more mad and crazy than the other.

As I was facing away from them, I didn't see what happened next. I felt it.

The back of my head was hit with whatever metal thing they had on hand. The blow hit me hard. My whole head was ringing as i got dizzier than before.

I lost consciousness instantly.