33. Track

Hugo's POV

"Piper," I said, not skipping to the point as she picked up the phone. "We need you here."

The dial tone quickly followed as she hung up, hopefully making her way here.

Thankfully, Piper knew what I meant as I had called her the day Emily went missing. Piper was her best friend, and I had a feeling she could sniff Emily out like a dog. They were attatched at the hip.

"She on her way?" Damien asked, still pacing the hallway.

"Yeah." I looked at him as he turned his back to me, beginning his walk back up the hallway.

I sat back on the sofa, crossing my arms as I thought to myself of possible people that could be in on this.

The only people that crossed my mind were Jake, that creep from the bar and Angelina, the woman who keeps threatening Emily.

Emily had told me that Angelina had given her trouble on more than one occasion. I looked into it and talked to her boss, but all I found out was that she had a thing out for Emily.

I had asked her to point Angelina out after work as I don't believe I've seen her before, and it was my chance to have a word with her. Unfortunately, the opportunity never came up as Emily never pointed her out, nor have I seen her since.

"Gray," I started, talking to him but making no effort to turn to him. A shuffling noise indicated that I had his attention. "Have you heard from Jake since the incident at the club?"

"Who?" Grayon questioned. He looked very confused, so he couldn't have remembered his name.

"The guy that attacked Emily with his friends. Could it be him?" I asked again.

"No. He's in prison."

I turned around to see Piper in the doorway, a tight smile on her face. It looked like she had been crying, her face looked like she had dried tears on her cheeks.

I greeted her with a smile, standing up from my seat on the sofa. As I walked towards her, I took notice that Damien was nowhere to be seen. Grayson was next to me and I knew the door had been locked.

"Who let you in?" I chuckled.

"I did." Damien appeared from around the corner, holding his phone in hand.

"He got locked away months ago, killed his girlfriend after he got high and paranoid. I'm surprised you didn't see it on the news." Piper continued talking about Jake as she sat down on the sofa, making herself comfortable.

"So that leaves Angelina" Gray concludes.

"Oh yeah, especially after that letter"

My eyes almost bulge out of thier sockets  "Letter?"

"The threatening letter Emily got? Did she not tell you?" Piper looked disappointed in her friend.

Damien stood on Pipers other side, leaning against the sofa arm. "No"

"She got a letter from someone. Something about her being a slut for having three guys and keeping away from you all. Oh and the letter mentioned a Tori." Piper reeled off all she could remember.

At the mention of Tori, Gray left the room. His steps were not hurried but he took long strides to quicken his exit.
Noticing Pipers lost face, I put a friendly hand on her knee, an attempt to make her feel better.

"Tori was Graysons ex. She did alot of damage." I said, swaying my head to the side, trying to tell Piper enough but not too much.

"Oh my god I had no idea, please tell Grayson I'm sorry" Piper rushed to say. She looked towards where Grayson had come from.

Damien held her shoulder to calm her down. "He'll be okay. He just needs some time and you can tell him yourself."

As Damien was comforting Piper, i decided to try and trace the call we had gotten not too long ago. My thumbs shook nervously as i typed in the numbers. The only website I could find looked dodgy but it said it could place the call to the correct town or give the number a 3 mile radius.

This was technically our best option in finding her, so I did it.

I could still hear Damien and Piper talking as I waited for the page to load with the data I so desperately needed.

"Anyway, do you think maybe someone was working with Tori?" Piper asked.

"It's gotta be. The voice in the call didn't sound Australian like us." I piped in, my eyes never leaving my phone screen.

"Maybe it is Angelina? Were her and you know who friends?" Piper looked at us for pur imput.

"She was here, she didn't live in Australia. Tori's only friend was a girl named Amy. She stayed in Australia." Damien shrugged, looking lost.

As i went to speak again, my phone chimed. The website had spat out a town, not too far from here. It was better than nothing and at this point i would travel 1000 miles just for the hope os seeing Emily again.

"Got it! Look. The number is placed roughly 27 miles from here. Why don't we go and see what we can find?" I announced, standing up from my chair.

"Yeah, I'll drive" Damien rushed to say, going to the door and grabbing a coat.

Hearing my loud announcement, Grayson came out of his room and walked into the room, his coat under his shoulder.

"I'm so -" Piper tried, following him to the door.

"It's fine." Grayson put his hand up in dismissal, shaking his head. "Lets go"

_____

The car ride was hell. No-one spoke, apart from me giving rough directions. We were all to nervous to sat anything.

We turned up at the small town and I smiled as we looked out at the houses. There was a small handful of them. 30 maybe a few more. A library, a church and a small school. 

"Small town" Piper whispered, also taking in the view.

"Better luck finding her if we have less houses to check" Grayson mumbled as he parked the car in a secluded area.

The car was parked in an empty car park, if you can even can call it that, the light we parked under was broken and the bushes helped conceal the car. As it was also growing dark, I took a protective hold of Piper as we walked. I was the protective type.

My hand rested oh her shoulder as we walked put of the car park; her hand holding mine. 

"Which house first?" Damien asked, looking around at the houses nearest to us.

"Wait, what are we even looking for?" Piper but in before anyone could answer Damiens question.

We haven't even thought about that. It's not like she will be waving put of the window or there will be a sign on the front lawn.

"She'll be somewhere. Just start looking for houses with basements and listening for noises that might help us locate her." Grayson advised as we walked down the road.

"Okay," I started, walking towards the first house "Lets get our girl"