21. Release

Grayson's POV

Work was shit, not only did i have to come in on my day off, i had to fire someone that had been working for me for a long time. I trusted them and they let me down.

Something i hated most on the world were liers, that and people who betray others. Not only was i lied to today, i had someone betray my trust.

One of the reasons i had my own business was, when i wasn't working, i knew i could trust someone else to run the shop for me. With all of the meetings and phone calls i have, it's important i can trust my managers.

I preferred going to meetings and making my decisions independently, that way the buisness stayed as mine.

However, it was becoming more and more difficult to be independent with work and it was changing my life on a way i am not prepared for.

It had been drilled into me from a young age that i had to be independent and self-sufficient. My parents had always told me to 'borrow from noone' and 'the key to happiness is independence'.

Independence = Happiness. I truly did believe that, i was happy in my own company, i still am but it's a different kind of happiness when you have other company.

Most of my past relationships ended because of my independence and unsurprisingly, my parents marriage ended for the same reason. I am still trying to be more confortable in company but its difficult, especially when my last relationship was so...

What's the word? Abusive? Probably.

My mum had enough when i was 4 and left without a trace, dad was convinced she found another man but there was never any proof. Consequently, my dad slowly went mad without her and i ended up living with my neighbours untill i was old enough to move out.

Before i had enough money and experience in management, i had to work three part time jobs in order to earn enough. My neighbours didn't want me to pay them any rent whilst i was working and getting 'world experience' as they said.

They were sweet. Sometimes i wonder wh azad t would have happened if they were my real parents, maybe i wouldn't be so broken...

"Gray, come on man!" The high pitched voice came from infront of me, snapping me from my thoughts.

The voice belonged to my personal trainer, Robert, it was relatively expensive having a personal teainer but i earnt more than enough. I saved my money more than spent it, always had done.

Although he was older than me, Robert had almost the same ammount of muscle but was shorter than me. Much shorter, maybe the same height as Emily.

"Shit, my bad" I apologised, straightening my posture and lifting my gloved hands into a ready position.

Catching me off guard, Robert threw the first punch. I was, however, able to dodge it fairly quickly, swinging with my opposite arm to knock his arm away from me.

I threw the next punch. I pretended to jab with my right arm, knowing he would lower his head to avoid it, and swung full force with my left arm. The hit connected with the side of his face, his body turning to the side as i hit him again.

Robert was good about letting me get out my anger on him, he was truly a good sport.

"Talk to me," Robert prompted seeing as i grew silent on him.

We had the odd conversation, he knew as much about me as Hugo and Damien did, which wasn't alot.

Robert only even asked me to talk, he didn't add to the conversation or dictate to subject. I appreciated that.