18. HARGEEVES GATHERING

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: HARGREEVES GATHERING

---

Lara, Mitch, Andy, Five and Diego were all standing in the kitchen with Luther in a robe while he was making some scrambled eggs for breakfast as they were all talking about what happen at the gala last night.

"No, no, no, I don't understand. They keep following me" Diego said as Five was standing leaning against a wall with one hand in his pocket and my other hand was holding a yellow mug while Lara was standing with her back next to Five while Mitch and Andy was sitting next to each other eating breakfast. 

"Wait, who?" Luther asked not looking up from pan in front of him "Those Dutch sociopaths" Diego said "They're Swedish, you idiot" Five said and Lara giggled.

"Who are you laughing at?" Diego asked "You ya moron" Lara said "Five, you better get your girlfriend before I take a knife to her throat" Diego said "Eww, what the fuck" Lara said as she made a face in disgust.

"She's not my girlfriend and from what's worth, you deserved it" Five said "That's what I thought" Lara said "Watch your mouth" Diego said "Just shut up already, we have worse problems here. Those people are hired guns paid to eradicate us before we do any more damage to this timeline" Five said and Diego turned to Five "Yeah, but why now? I mean, I was..." he said snapping his fingers "Fine for three months until you showed up" he said, pointing a finger at him.

"I was here for a year and no one messed with me" Luther said, looking at Five while Diego put his arms out "Shouldn't you guys be thanking Five instead of blaming him since we all alive because of him?" Mitch asked "They should, they are just ungrateful and selfish" Lara said "Since when did you care?" Diego asked "Since now" Lara said "Is there something going on between you and Five?" Diego asked "We also want to know that" Andy said while Mitch nodded since he couldn't speak 'cause he had his mouth full.

"Listen. Even if it was my fault, which it isn't, we only have six days before the end of the world, and the closest anyone's gotten to Dad was that driveway at the consulate" Five said.

"Well" Luther said before he let out a sigh "That's not exactly ture" he said and they looked over at him.

"What do you mean?" Five asked "I saw him" Luther said before he began to tell the story about after he landed in the alley, he took a bus and went a long way to the academy. How he got inside and people were in the living room, gathered in circle around Reginald. How he told Reginald that he was his son. But Reginald said that Luther wasn't his son. Luther then explained to Reginald how he had adopted seven children in 1989. Luther had then tried to convinced Reginald by telling him that he knew about the base on the moon and Reginald's experiments with monkeys. Reginald had then humiliated him.

"That's pathetic" Diego said as Luther sat down at the table where Diego was sitting "Yeah, well, at least he didn't shank my ass" Luther said as he began eating the scrambled eggs "No, bro, he shanked your heart" Diego said from his seat that was across from where the twins were sitting.