Chapter 28

Lauren's POV

*3 months later*

"Babe, I'm leaving! Don't forget to pick up Taylor from school today please! I promised her one of us would be there; she wants to hang out with Alexa today and I told her she could here," Lauren called out from the kitchen as she picked up her books for class, which she was running a little late to.

Zayn walked over from the living room and opened up the front door for her, "Don't worry, I'll get her. Have a good day, I love you," Zayn popped a kiss on Lauren's lips as she walked out the door.

"I love you too," Lauren responded quickly as she made her way to the elevator quickly. Once she was down stairs she walked to her car briskly and started towards the university. Everything was pretty much back to normal in their lives, Zayn was working and playing soccer again, school was back in full swing, and Lauren had even acquired a part-time job working at a special needs school that primarily worked with autistic kids. She wasn't doing it for the money necessarily, though it was a great benefit, but more for the experience since she wanted to work with kids just like the ones she was working with now.

Zayn's soccer season was coming to a close now that they had won nationals right before spring break. Zayn was the lead scorer that game and Lauren could not have been more proud of all that he had accomplished in his first season; between being a starter as a freshman and playing outstandingly even after an injury that will never fully heal, Zayn was shining brighter than ever on his team and also at home. It had taken Lauren a while to get used to the fact that Zayn was no longer just her boyfriend but her fiancé. That fact though had made them even closer than before and their relationship was doing extremely well, blowing all the fears Lauren had lived with out of the water.

Lauren looked at the ring that sat pretty on her left hand and laughed lightly as she remembered her friends reactions to her engagement.

*flashback*

"Okay so..I have something to tell you guys and I'm so glad that Ally is still here so I can tell you all together," Lauren began.

"Are you knocked up or something?" Dinah blurted out.

"No Dinah, I'm not pregnant," Lauren sighed.

"Just checking," Dinah responded.

"Dinah be quiet. What is it Lo?" Ally urged Lauren to continue.

Lauren released her hands from behind her back and lifted her left so that the shiny ring that used to belong to her grandmother was visible, "I'm engaged!" Lauren said excitedly.

"OH MY GOD!!" Camila jumped up and squealed, continuing to bounce repeatedly in the same spot as she made strange noises making Lauren laugh.

"Shut up Mila, let me see," a wide eyed Normani grabbed Lauren's hand as Ally hugged her around the waist congratulating her.

"Holy shit this ring is nice," Normani mentioned as she got a better look at it.

"It was my grandmas, she left of for me," Lauren smiled remembering the note she had also left her.

"Who would've thought Ms. Badass would be the first to get tied down," Dinah teased as she squeezed Lauren's cheek.

"Shut up Dinah; don't you get what this means!? One of our bestfriends is getting married you moron, this is so exciting and scary all at once. We aren't little kids any more," Camila cried.

"Girl what the- why are you crying?" Normani rolled her eyes.

"You know I'm super emotional, leave me alone," Camila continued.