2.10-Hidden Agenda

MOCKINGJAY PART 1
"THE SECRET"

2.10

"Hidden Agenda"

—— THE FIRST TIME IRENE PORTWELL arrived in District 4 as a mentor was a shock to everyone

—— THE FIRST TIME IRENE PORTWELL arrived in District 4 as a mentor was a shock to everyone. It was known to all that the Portwell girl barely made any appearance to the public, and found herself comfortable in solitude within her study. So when Finnick found himself staring at Irene as she left the train with her victor, he too was surprised.

It had been 2 years since he last saw her that night of rendezvous.

"Welcome to district 4." Finnick had greeted her.

"You promised you'd show me the beach." She reminded him that day.

"If you're not busy yourself, I'd gladly show you, dear." The word had made her shivered and he couldn't help but smile. Finnick recalled the way she leaned close and kissed him on the cheek, a feathery sensation, and the action itself had sparked a new interest within the Capitol and Panem.

"You know where to find me."

He doesn't. Not anymore. Those words had followed him after he had left the cafeteria. After they had announced that Irene was dead.

He was lost.

"Finnick!" He heard Katniss called. But he paid no mind, and continued to walk toward his room. "Finnick, wait!"

"Not now, Katniss." Finnick grumbled.

"No, you have to listen to me– It's about Irene!"

Finnick stopped in his tracks and turned to face her. "What do you mean?" He asked. Though before the archer could say anything, Gale interrupted, telling them that Coin needed to see them.

Upon arriving in the meeting room, everyone gathered there and sat around the table. Finnick moved to sit next to Perseus who was evidently silent while Cashmere had been crying. "What's going on?" He asked them.

"I don't know." Perseus answered through gritted teeth. It's already hard enough that he had lost his mother, and brother in law. Now with the news of his own sister's supposed death, it felt like the world was already digging his grave and buried him little by little.

Coin stood up from her seat and walked to the front. "Something new came up, thanks to Beetee who'd informed me right after Peeta's interview with Caesar. Something's not adding up to the story... Katniss, is there something you'd like to say?" Coin asked her.

Finnick's questioning gaze turned to Katniss, who refused to look at him.

"Irene was there." Katniss began. "When I shot the arrow, she was there."