EPILOGUE

(Did i forgot to mention english is not my first language—)

CAN'T CATCH ME NOW

Epilogue.

—— THE FIRST THING IRENE DID after she was elected president was banished Katniss outside of the Capitol

She'd stormed in, her red coat flaring behind her before the guards closed the door. Leaving the woman with Katniss and Haymitch.

"You're banishing me?" Katniss asked her.

Irene shook her head. "I prefer saying; giving you a head start." She corrected. "They'd suggest for you to be imprisoned, but I already knew what it feels like to be locked up for something you're not guilty of. So you're being pardoned."

"You certainly made a mess, but I guess it was necessary now that it's over." The blonde mused.

"Why?"

"Because Katniss..." Irene took her hand and pulled her to the steps to sit down. Emotions ran all over the place as she tried to form the words without gradually breaking down. This could be the last time they see one another after all. "I want you to be free and staying at the capitol is not going to help you achieve that."

"What about my sister?"

The blonde squeezed her shoulder to comfort her. "I'll look after her. I'll send some daily updates before you could come visit again. We'll be at the lab near the outskirts of the Capitol— I'll make sure to send you the coordinates–"

She was cut off by Katniss wrapping her arms around her, pulling her into a hug. Irene froze, feeling slightly awkward to be hugged by the girl before she softly returned the embrace.

"Thank you, Irene." Katniss exhaled. "Thank you so much."

Irene proudly smiled at her. Tucking a strand of her dark hair behind her ear. "It's a pleasure to work with you, Katniss Everdeen."

"Now go live your life to the fullest."

She stood at the top of the steps, watching Katniss and Haymitch bid Effie goodbye. Her eyes widened in amusement to see Haymitch and the escort shared a kiss.

Katniss solemnly waved her goodbye, and Irene returned with a sad smile. Realizing that this had come to an end.

She bit the inside of her cheek to stop herself from crying.

She thought of Gloss.

Zane and his brother.

Mags.

Boggs.