2.14-Come Back Home

MOCKINGJAY PART 1
"THE SECRET"

2.14

"Come back home."

——THE BREEZE TASTE OF SEA SALT, as the wind hit her face, her hair flowing softly behind her

——THE BREEZE TASTE OF SEA SALT, as the wind hit her face, her hair flowing softly behind her. Her feet were swallowed by the sand while her hands gripped on the skirt of her sundress as the tide came in and retreated back into the sea. The sound of the waves soothed her from her troubles.

This was what she had dreamt off all her life.

When the world is no longer corrupted, and all of their problems have disappeared. When peace was finally restored and the dark clouds no longer looming over their heads. Everything she needed was there in her little cottage by the coast.

"Mommy!" She heard a small little boy calling from behind her. Small arms wrapped around her legs. Irene looked down to see curls of golden blonde hair, she combed her fingers through it. "Hello, dovey." She greeted him sweetly. "Where's your daddy?"

"He was behind me." The boy squealed. His light gray eyes looked up at her brightly. "Protect me, mommy!"

From the far off corner, Irene could hear him running to them. "I'm going to get you, Neo!" She heard him. Irene went down on her knees, not caring about the wet sand that stained her white dress and hugged her son, playfully hiding him from the upcoming figure as Neo couldn't stop laughing.

"Finnick!" Irene shrieked in surprise as she felt herself being lifted and spun, and tightened her arms around Neo. The sound of his laughter mixed with Neo's were like music to her ears.

"I got you!" He laughed. Finnick set the two down before taking Neo into his arms and peppered some kisses all over the boy's face. "Save me, mommy!" Neo squealed as he attempted to push Finnick away.

"Mommy's not going to help because she's on daddy's side." Finnick teased him.

Neo spun to her with wide eyes. "Is that true?!"

Irene shrugged. "I couldn't resist. Your daddy has a charm of his own." She reached to tickle him, making the boy laugh. Soon, Neo demanded for him to be put down so he could run off to build sandcastles. Finnick wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, she placed her head on his chest so she could hear the beating of his heart.

"Is this real?" Irene whispered. Her eyes keep track of Neo's movement.

A beat of silence passed by and then followed by another, until he answered.

"My dear... this is all just in your head."

Irene looked up with tears. "You have to wake up." Finnick said. Even his voice sounded real. Everything felt so real.