3.18-Back In The Game

MOCKINGJAY PART 2

"THE WAR"

3.18

"Back In The Game"

—— AFTER A SHORT MEETING WITH Coin and the others regarding what's happening, the couple didn't stay long before they were joined with the others on their journey to the outskirts of the Capitol

—— AFTER A SHORT MEETING WITH Coin and the others regarding what's happening, the couple didn't stay long before they were joined with the others on their journey to the outskirts of the Capitol. Irene leaned her head on Finnick's shoulder while his arm was around her, to keep her close. Her fingers were playing around the bracelet on her wrist.

"Nervous?" Finnick spoke up. Trying to break the silence.

She sat up and faced him, giving him a tight-lip smile. "Ecstatic actually." Irene sarcastically answered. "Nothing's better than storming into the Capitol and playing babysitters."

Finnick snorted. "You should've stayed at district 13."

"And miss some action? No thank you." She waved him off. "Besides, I still have some unfinished business with Snow."

"Then promise me this." Finnick took her hands in his and caressed the back of her hands comfortingly. "Promise me we'll get out of there, safe and sound."

Irene brought his hands up and pressed her lips on them. "I promise. Only if you get out of there with me." She closed her eyes when he brought her close and kissed her forehead before resting his on top.

"I don't think I'd even let myself live if you're no longer there."

Before she could say anything, Boggs announced they had arrived. The two smiled at each other reassuringly and geared up.

  They met up with Commander Paylor who had requested Irene's presence when they found out about her arrival. Wanting to thank her for the blueprints about the pods after she had overheard the gamemakers during her 'stay' at the mansion. She had snuck in and managed to memorize everything on it.

"I thought people were going to glare at me and shun me out." Irene noted as they walked across the camp. Several groups of people passed them by and stopped to smile and waved at her. One girl even ran up to her and gave her a flower.

"Nope. Still Panem's gem." Finnick pointed out with a smile. "Now that they know about Snow, I'm pretty sure they want nothing more but to see his own daughter spill his blood."

Irene shook her head. They continued weaving through the tents to find a particular archer, with her arm looped through his and placed her hand on his arm. A smile gradually formed on her lips once they finally caught sight of Katniss.