3.19-Cheating Death

We reached 12K reads, tq!

MOCKINGJAY PART 2

"THE WAR"

3.19

"Cheating death"

——IRENE STAYED NEXT TO PEETA despite Lieutenant Jackson telling her no multiple times

——IRENE STAYED NEXT TO PEETA despite Lieutenant Jackson telling her no multiple times. Finnick volunteered to make sure nothing happened as he stood on the other side of the boy. The two helping him reading the cards for the propo

"To the citizens of the capitol, our war is not with you." Irene guided him. Patiently listening as Peeta repeated after her, and when he managed to do it, she continued with the next lines.

"...Be a vital part of the democracy that follows our victory." Peeta looked at both of them anticipating to hear their thoughts, and they nodded with a smile.

"You got it." Finnick said.

"Boggs." Cressida called out. She stepped forward to the man. "This is a good spot. Through there, in the courtyard."

"Let us clear it." Boggs nodded. They followed him down the steps until he held a finger up to stop them in front of the alley. "Got a pod. Split. Take cover."

"Stay back." Irene crouched down with Finnick over her, shielding her in case something happened. No matter how much she disapproved of that idea, she knew she couldn't stop him. Irene would probably do the same if he was down. Her hands over her head to cover herself as the shooting began.

"All clear. Gale, homes, with me. Leegs, take the wings." The leader commanded.

Irene leaned her head back against the wall and closed her eyes for a moment, but not long after, there was a loud explosion. Her eyes widened in surprise and pushed herself from the wall. She saw Katniss run in and soon she and the rest followed, but then halted when she saw Boggs on the ground struggling to breathe.

"No.." She exhaled. The blonde ran over to them and kneeled down. "Boggs–" His hand placed over hers and squeezed it.

"Take care of her, Irene." He said, before the last of his breath was taken away, along with his pain as his body laid limp.

Irene wiped her tears away, before putting her hand over his eyes to close them. Behind her she could hear the rest trying to save Homes who also didn't survive. "The pods... they must be new. That's why the holo couldn't detect it." Irene noted.

She carefully pulled Katniss up to her feet, while her eyes scanned around the area looking for more pods. One of the Leeg sisters grunted in pain, tearing the blonde's attention from the buildings around them. However, as she spun in Leeg 2's direction, something caught her eye.