3.23-Peace

the coat!

MOCKINGJAY PART 2

"THE WAR"

3.23

"Peace."

—— SO MANY WERE INJURED AFTER the bombing

It was unexpected.

No one knew about it until it actually did happen, especially Finnick when he saw the medic roll Irene in a gurney. He didn't let her hand go until she was sent to the medical facility with Katniss and the rest who had gotten injured, only stopping outside when she was placed into surgery.

Fortunately, her injuries weren't severe except for the fact she had hit her head hard during the second explosion.

But weeks had passed by, Finnick was denied from seeing his own wife. Even after she was released, they still wouldn't let him or her own family see her.

And the last thing he wanted to hear was the fact she was being detained for something she didn't even do.

"Why are they not letting her out?" The blonde's gaze hardened while he observed his wife through the glass. She hadn't moved, as if she was frozen in time. Her eyes were glued to the table surface. The side of her forehead was covered in gauze to hide the stitches, no doubt leaving a scar in the end.

He turned to Haymitch. "It's been weeks, Haymitch. Why are they still not letting her out?" Fury laced in his voice as he asked the man.

The former mentor let out a sigh. A feeling of discontent swirling inside. He didn't know how to answer him since he too was clueless. "I'm not sure, Finnick." Haymitch started. "Coin was the one who insisted on keeping her locked up until after they executed Snow."

Beside Finnick, Peeta spoke up. "But she didn't do anything wrong!" He argued.

"I know that!" Haymitch huffed. His throbbing head wasn't even helping. "But Beetee's trying to convince Coin and Heavensbee to let her go."

Finnick hung his head low in irritation. The whole thing was outrageous. The moment he'd heard Coin's decision to keep Irene in a cell for further investigations, he knew there was something wrong. What he didn't know was the fact she was being accused as Snow's accomplice in bombing the Capitol, when he knew too well that would be the last thing Irene would even think of doing.

He had a mild suspicion of Coin's hidden vendetta against Irene just because she's a Snow, but it was evident enough that Irene knew Coin before she even knew she was related to the former president.